Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online scripting language

Include a scripting language on the online version in the same way that Google sheets does. The ability to automate excel on the desktop version via VBA is where the real power of excel is, the online version is therefore significantly handicapped by the lack of any scripting language. Power users need the ability to automate spreadsheet tasks.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Accepting Votes  ·  13 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Macros and web queries

It would be great if excel online could include macros and web queries, the 2 items that really make excel stand out.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Accepting Votes  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded

Thanks for your feedback! We’re reviewing your suggestion. Remember, the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it.

Tamar [MSFT]

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i believe if you lick your testies you'll notice a great impact in performance.

Testies in hand with lots of *****, *spits on the ***** word*

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. more option add in online excel. like 'option' tab in file menu.

developer menu is very important in online excel,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. what happened to Excel.officeUI? I've heavily customized the QAT with buttons tied to macros in one of my startup files.

Allow a QAT, and a locally stored Excel.officeUI file as well as a startup file that includes VBA to which custom buttons can be assigned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Would be so nice to password lock cells in outlook excel(share point).

It would be awesome to be able to lock individual cells in share point excel. I share a spreadsheet with 10 people, there is always that one person who accidental modify s some one else cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow XML maps on Outlook live

Please allow XML maps on Outlook live. It's frustrating that an entire excel file can't be viewed in "preview" in Outlook Live because it has XML components.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar

I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar. We use the Christian calendar in Australia which starts on SUNDAY (the first working day of the week) , and ends on Saturday (the last day of the week).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add-Ons

I suggest to active speak cells add-on in excel online..... and also active more commads such as data tools, table design tools , ect...
    i use excel online every day to learn new forein languge with my friends. but the limmitations bother us....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include checklists in the online editing

In desktop you can allow the program editing, but online you can't, checklists are the most common useful tool, just add it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Data Validation to Excel API

Add a method and properties to set Data Validation in a Range

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please add a more descriptive title, as well as a description of what your idea is (if it’s a Feature in Windows/Mac Excel, please describe the feature).

Thanks!
    Dan [MS]

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base