Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make it easier for the administrator to unshare a document or lock it from editing.

Auto lock a document once a deadline has been reached. Make it so only the admin has edit options once a specific time has been reached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Requires more data about that

Requires more data about that errors or section where you cant' do something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. follow

I'd like to have my list of favourites documents, so I can follow them and I get notifications when relevant changes are made to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remind off-line doc editors to release docs back to Office Online

When someone chooses local Excel versus Excel online, push a notification every few minutes to remind them to save/release the doc back to the cloud so that others can work on it too. Or force folks to use Excel Online...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharing and editing an excel doc in one note

taking a document you create in Excel and being able to use it in one note and making sharable and editable while still updating your office 365 doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to be able to save the edits to my worksheet.

My worksheet is viewable/editable as a webpart in Office 365. I want to be able to save those edits, without going thru all the rigmarole of re-exporting and re-importing every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be able to see who has the file open and working on it

I would like to be able to see who has the file open and working on it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. let readers of view only files chose to hide rows / columns they don't need

Let readers of view only files chose to hide rows / columns they are allowed to view but don't need. This would be handy sharing event info letting different users chose to hide the rows / columns that do not apply to their role. They could each create their custom print out for their particular purposes of the joint project.

The file below is real life example of a Shriner Parade Marshal scheduled work in progress. Everybody needs some of this info. Nobody, including the parade marshal needs all of it. Hiding different combinations of rows and columns gives every…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing a Share point file

When editing a Share point file it should have link to both the parent page and the Share point home page. My users complain about having to go back step by step to the home page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it clear if i can save this in a way that it will (or not) be dynamically updated even if saved on my PC.

If I save someone else's document to my PC, that they share to me in viewer mode, will it be updated when they make further changes or will I have to download it again? Obviously it cannot be updated if I am offline, will it be updated when I am online or will it be necessary to reload it from the live link? This needs to be immediately obvious to the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Embedding spreadsheets in Teams from an existing SharePoint project

In Microsoft Teams, it would be beneficial to be able to embed an Excel spreadsheet from an existing SharePoint project instead of only being able to embed a spreadsheet from the SharePoint project created by Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to directly email the file instread of downloading and mailing.

Need to directly email the file instread of downloading and mailing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock a shared (or concurrently editable) spreadsheet in a clear, public way

I have a spreadsheet shared via a public group in Office 365's Groups system. Users may concurrently edit the spreadsheet as long as people edit via the browser--when the download the sheet, the online version gets screwed up once that user uploads their finished work. There should be a broad, clear way to publicly lock the sheet with color/message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base