Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assign tasks via the comment box and inform person asigned to solve the task via email

Same functionality is available in google sheets/slides. By entering ***@email.com and adding a task the person will get a notification via email that there is task for him/her to resolve. Once resolved he/she can directly mark the comment as resolved and the initiator gets a notification that this is done

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need the ability to disable co authoring on specific files in Sharepoint

We are sharing a quote builder and have 40 sales people who use this excel doc with co authoring we cannot do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to see who last edited a cell

It would be great if you could see who the last person was to edit any given cell. being that many people can be editing the document it would be great help to see who, and when, a given cell was last edited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please action requests -

How about listening to users and add in "personal filters" when multi-tasking and correct regional date, number and currency settings?? These ideas have multiple separate entries in the list below.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am not able to select cell content to copy. Please make this default.

Being able to Ctrl C copy a cell's information - otherwise I have to open it up in Excel, set to edit and then copy the cell data.

Please make this default unless opted out for security reasons.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Still it is not a senior's look.

When you decorate a dress over. Most of the times it looks bad. Try to look people's eye.
    Barkat Jaffer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Suggestion for Excel files edited by many users. Issue: reached the limit of minor versions on the server

Create exception to bypass minor versions limitations when an Excel file is meant to be edited/filled in by many users.

There is an Excel file which users are meant to fill in to state whether they need a certain role etc. The list has many users listed. So it is bound to be saved and resaved many times. When the number of minor versions limit is reached, the creator of the Excel file needs to clone the Excel file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add a feature to track individual changes made to a shared file

Please restore the historic "track changes" feature or create a similar new feature to enable use within Excel Online, where changes each collaborator makes can be noted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. opening minor version file in excel online

I am having only E1 licence with me and I cannot open minor version file in excel online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow workbooks to be checked out by more than one person

Allow workbooks to be checked out by more than one person. We are sharing an excel workbook where each team member has their own tab. There is no situation where people would be modifying the same data at the same time. Can you add this "multi-person" checkout as an option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need to subscribe to changes of a workbook

i want to know when something changes in my sheets and get an email about what was changed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow locking of cells, rows or columns per user when files are shared.

Please add a functionality that would enable the locking of cells, rows or columns for a specific user/s.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move the Plus sign in Excel

Move the Plus + sign to the far right. We have collaborators that click that constantly adding new sheets thinking they are scanning to the right.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Refresh updates

My colleague is working on a large, shared O365 Excel document that is automatically being saved to O365 SharePoint. He has it checked out to him which is fine. I have a read-only copy of it open (direct from O365 SharePoint) which is also fine. Is it possible to have an option in Excel to "refresh" the document, i.e. to automatically populate my read-only copy with his live, latest, saved edits without them having to check the document back in (which stops them from working on it) and me to re-open the document from the SharePoint library, for them to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Interface color when file is read only

Change Interface color when file is read only...enuf said !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If trying to edit a file and someone else has locked it, have option to send

If trying to edit a file and someone else has locked it, it would be useful to have the ability to message and or request access to the file from within the popup.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base