Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Editing a Share point file

When editing a Share point file it should have link to both the parent page and the Share point home page. My users complain about having to go back step by step to the home page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it clear if i can save this in a way that it will (or not) be dynamically updated even if saved on my PC.

If I save someone else's document to my PC, that they share to me in viewer mode, will it be updated when they make further changes or will I have to download it again? Obviously it cannot be updated if I am offline, will it be updated when I am online or will it be necessary to reload it from the live link? This needs to be immediately obvious to the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Embedding spreadsheets in Teams from an existing SharePoint project

In Microsoft Teams, it would be beneficial to be able to embed an Excel spreadsheet from an existing SharePoint project instead of only being able to embed a spreadsheet from the SharePoint project created by Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to send an automatic message to someone who has an excel file checked out letting them know I am waiting to use it.

Add ability to send an automatic message to someone who has an excel file checked out letting them know I am waiting to use it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share the same file in different folders

The ability to choose a file (or folder) and share it in multiple folders. Users in Folder A could have edit rights. Users in Folder B could have view rights.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to highlight pivot table for display as a web part

Identify a pivot table as a range which means that it can display on an imbedded page depending on the resulting pivot table refresh

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple comment authors per cell.

When copying one cell to another it retains comments but only allows one comment author.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lock a shared (or concurrently editable) spreadsheet in a clear, public way

I have a spreadsheet shared via a public group in Office 365's Groups system. Users may concurrently edit the spreadsheet as long as people edit via the browser--when the download the sheet, the online version gets screwed up once that user uploads their finished work. There should be a broad, clear way to publicly lock the sheet with color/message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mature chat and log that is part of the the document's metadata

The ability to chat with other users natively within a spreadsheet is very important. I've seen references to chatting with Skype which is absurd. E.g. I share a spreadsheet with 10 people. Another person logs on and want to discuss something related to it. He opens up a Skype chat with me - conversation is hidden from the other 8 people unless we forward the "meeting minutes" - what a pain now 8 people have to either read this or file it - or just pretend they never received it. Or we open a 10 person chat - 8 people…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Too easy to lose an "un-posted" comment if you accidentally click away.

In Excel Online, you can right-click Insert Comment - the pane on right appears. You enter your comment only to accidentally click to say another cell and you lose the comment (as Post was not clicked). Maybe some sort of warning would be good?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide embed code for excel interactive dashboard

Provide embed code. I made interactive dashboard with excel. this there ways to embed this to website or lms?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Collaboration needed

When working with multiple people, we should have the option to send all of them or specific person, the notification via sheet itself to let them know it has been updated along with the ability to send annotation about it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide an Embedding Configurator for Office 365 / SharePoint Online, like the one on OneDrive

In Excel Online on OneDrive, you can choose File > Embed, and you get a nice dialog that let's you choose the part of the workbook you want to embed, and a bunch of other options and then it will generate an embed code for you.

But, if the file is stored in Office 365 / OneDrive for Business / SharePoint Online, there is no "Embed" option on the File menu. There should be, please add it!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Powerview feature on onedrive excel.

It would be nice to have power view read/refresh options when we store excel on One drive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base