Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. on Excel online documents, why the update by multiple users is not managed, Google can do that

when I try an access to an online Excel document, if this one is opened by a single user....no more RW access is possible. Google Sheets is allowing multiple users to work in the same document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel online for multiple departments in business

In a business, an owner may want several departments to work on one shared excel online. But If owner wants different departments to see only few sheets and restrict them from seeing and editing master sheet then how it can be done. Ex- finance department can see and edit only finance sheet, HR can see and edit only HR sheet and other sheets could not be opened by them.

Please add such feature that can benefit the owner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ADD the ability to add values from outside worksheets ASAP

We need to take one workbook on our sharepoint and use the numbers in it to change calculation on another.. such as "connection, or simply links' in Excel 2010 or 2013 or 365 desktop(2016)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show current online users in online file

Would be good if we can see the current online users in online excel file..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Desktop Sharing

It would be great if Shared Documents could be used on the Desktop app with all recipients able to edit while in the document at the same time instead of all having to use the Online Excel version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add a time stamp to the chat window

Add a timestamp to the chat window

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please make it easier for the administrator to unshare a document or lock it from editing.

Auto lock a document once a deadline has been reached. Make it so only the admin has edit options once a specific time has been reached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to Share/Lock specific Sheets within one Shared Excel file.

When sharing one Excel files with multiple Sheets at the bottom, I'd like the ability to have certain shared users ONLY have access to their correct Sheet for the information they need. This ultimately will allow me to consolidate the amount of Excel files I'm currently making for 75 schools into 1 file with 75 Sheets of data.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show who has a document open

When using Excel Online, it would be great to see who has the spreadsheet open so you can notify them to close it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Requires more data about that

Requires more data about that errors or section where you cant' do something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. follow

I'd like to have my list of favourites documents, so I can follow them and I get notifications when relevant changes are made to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remind off-line doc editors to release docs back to Office Online

When someone chooses local Excel versus Excel online, push a notification every few minutes to remind them to save/release the doc back to the cloud so that others can work on it too. Or force folks to use Excel Online...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. when someone is editing the doc and I can't edit at the same time, good to understand who has it opened so that I cqan notify thanks.

when someone is editing the doc and I can't edit at the same time, good to understand who has it opened so that I cqan notify thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow config to block Online editing.

Excel Online does not support many (complex) Excel features that I may rely on to retain integrity of the data in my workbook. So I want to stop people from editing online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Comment Only User

We would like a new user type in excel online called the "Comment Only" user. This user is a view user but has the ability to add in comments. We have many users who need to view spreadsheets and having them be able to add comments would be very useful as long as they cannot EDIT the document.

See google sheet: https://sites.google.com/site/niefoliohelpsiteforstudents/introducing-google-documents/enabling-comment-only-access-in-google-docs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sharing and editing an excel doc in one note

taking a document you create in Excel and being able to use it in one note and making sharable and editable while still updating your office 365 doc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base