Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clone the regular Excel Format

Clone the regular Excel Format

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When scrolling down one line in Web Browser, Excel randomly scrolls 800-1000 rows down

Example: When I'm on row 5, and need to scroll to row 6 or 7, the sheet will suddenly be on row 800 to 1000. I've tried using the arrows on the keyboard, clicking and dragging the side scroll (on the browser), and the scroll on my mouse. The most recent change I've made is added the top row Freeze Pane.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Editing a copy online Error

When an error occurs that prevents you from editing a file online. Can the type of unsupported formatting or shapes, or any other unsupported items be highlighted to make easier to suggest if the information can just be removed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. if you cannot open an Excel sheet more than 30MB, provide an option for user to download the Excel sheet.

if you cannot open an Excel sheet more than 30MB, provide an option for user to download the Excel sheet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't open workbook on Web message due to external links: Have a visual in excel web for unsupported features

I would like to see excel web have either red text or a visual message indicating that a feature is blocked.

Examples:
    1. If a chart visual isn't supported than have a little grey square that says "Excel web don't support X kind of chart. Click here to view it in excel desktop"
    2. if a certain cell query isn't supported than maybe have it highlighted with Red text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add the "Page Layout" tab so "Themes" can become available!

Additional needed features for better use of the program.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Recovery option in excel online,

Provide an option to recover the files which got corrupted

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Duplicate sheet with images/shapes/charts

I am unable to duplicate the sheet having (Images/Shapes/Charts) kindly allow to duplicate the sheet having the above said in excel online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make excel less trash

excel is trash and is awful to use for homework and school

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy

I can´t copy all my data and paste in other program. send a message that is to large

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. fix problem with page up / down scrolling

I hit Page Down and see I'm on line 64; then I hit Page Up and suddenly, I'm on line 14; if I hit Page Down again, it goes back to 64, ad infinitum -- the app skips the several pages in between. If I use the arrow keys, I can get back in control and get to the rows the app was jumping over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Striketrhough single words

When I try to strikethrough a word in the browser, all the content in the cell gets modified, instead of the word I want. Could you improve this? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My last action can't be undo.

When I try to do undo, it gives me an error 'Your last action can't be undone'. Want to know whether this option available in Google extension 'Office Online'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 日本語に切り替えたい

日本語に切り替えたい

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Atleast get inspired by the Google sheets. See how seamlessly it shows up online documents in the browser itself, without any fuss about file size , easy to define permission sets etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Format dates consistently

You can stop Excel INCONSISTENTLY formatting some dates as numbers, some in US format and some in UK format - even within the same column! It makes Excel UTTERLY USELESS, which is why I saved in Open Office format - which Excel online now can't open.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. My suggestion is to put Office 365 in the trash where it belongs and label it "unproduction software"

My suggestion is to put Office 365 in the trash where it belongs and label it "unproduction software"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload

Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload. Franchise/ service support should be made available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel Typing Not Working

For some reason, both on my phone and the computer, excel's typing input box is not working. I am unable to type in any data. That seems to be the only thing not working for right now, but a pretty important one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base