Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make excel hang less

Excel hangs too much. In the middle of big report, and then excel hangs.
    Please improve this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide options to open Excel when it cannot be opened on Browser

If an excel file cannot be opened for various reason on the browser, an option should be given to the user to open it on the desktop/client.

E.g. I am getting an error "The requested range does not exist in the sheet"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Your session has exceeded its limits and has been closed" is unclear language, articulate what "the limit" is and how it's exceded

"Your session has exceeded its limits and has been closed"

Error Id: d5beba95-ab91-4d03-b643-f81fb062e0c8, 2018-06-13 15:57:51Z

This error message don't clearly articulate what the user did wrong or how to avoid doing it again. A more detailed message, or one that uses clear language to define what "exceeded its limits" even means, would provide users with a way to avoid getting this error, over and over, as I have.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. My last action can't be undo.

When I try to do undo, it gives me an error 'Your last action can't be undone'. Want to know whether this option available in Google extension 'Office Online'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clone the regular Excel Format

Clone the regular Excel Format

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Error when inserting rows or columns

Inserting rows and columns works normally (normally...), but whenever inserting a row/column would affect more than one table, Excel returns "This operation is not allowed. The operation is attempting to shift cells in a table on your worksheet."

To this I initially responded "Duh? I do that all the time, why doesn't it work now?" Normally it would just insert a new row/column, and shift the rest of the table over, but in this case it's complaining because it has to shift the contents of more than one table at a time.

I don't really mind the mild inconvenience of…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When scrolling down one line in Web Browser, Excel randomly scrolls 800-1000 rows down

Example: When I'm on row 5, and need to scroll to row 6 or 7, the sheet will suddenly be on row 800 to 1000. I've tried using the arrows on the keyboard, clicking and dragging the side scroll (on the browser), and the scroll on my mouse. The most recent change I've made is added the top row Freeze Pane.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. filter problem in protected sheet

When the sheet is protected, it allows you to remove the filters but it does not allow you to put the filters back or undo the filter removal. If it is a protected sheet, it shall not allow the reviewer even remove the set filter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel for the web sucks compared to the desk top app.......I just open the "REAL" excel as it is more robust it just works!!

Excel for the web sucks compared to the desk top app.......I just open the "REAL" excel as it is more robust it just works!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please delete Excel online. It is completely useless. Thanks.

Please delete Excel online. It is completely useless. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. i need to download the file

i need to download the file, i don't have the option to download the file that im working, just said that cannot open files bigger than Mb

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recovery option in excel online,

Provide an option to recover the files which got corrupted

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make excel less trash

excel is trash and is awful to use for homework and school

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. File corrupt when editing excel online in Teams

This aren't a suggestion but a review on the edit of excel documents created in Teams and tried Editing. When tried editing the message is " File may be corrupt".

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 日本語に切り替えたい

日本語に切り替えたい

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Format dates consistently

You can stop Excel INCONSISTENTLY formatting some dates as numbers, some in US format and some in UK format - even within the same column! It makes Excel UTTERLY USELESS, which is why I saved in Open Office format - which Excel online now can't open.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My suggestion is to put Office 365 in the trash where it belongs and label it "unproduction software"

My suggestion is to put Office 365 in the trash where it belongs and label it "unproduction software"

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload

Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload. Franchise/ service support should be made available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base