Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel Online filters causes dractically increased filesize

I faced an issue with Excel online that causes sudden increase of filesize.

I managed to replicate it.
    I tried this with Edge and Chrome browsers with same result.

This is how I managed to replicate it.
    1. create a new excel file with excel online
    2. add text/numers to several rows in column "a"
    3. select whole sheet
    4. add filters
    5. close excel online
    -- At this point the filesize is ok
    -- Excel online and Excel 2016 behaves differently. Excel online adds filters to each column but Excel 2016 adds them only to column with some content. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Permissions won't populate contacts from outlook

My organization is a merger of two non-profits and we are in the beginning stages of Office 365 roll out, currently we use google to lock online spreadsheets and wanted to use that function for excel 365.

However, when I download the excel file to edit the permission, I can't access my outlook contacts to choose the correct program director (20 + programs, 20 + tabs, 20+ individual directors I have to create unique access codes for and editable ranges).

Currently, since my organization is in the middle of a merger, our company email is an alias while the underlying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. why we cannot edit in Browser all at the same time, isnt it kind of Google doc function or am I mistaken completely? Thanks

why we cannot edit in Browser all at the same time, isnt it kind of Google doc function or am I mistaken completely? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Online Applications Do Not Work Properly

It sucks. Go back to only using local programming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. well **** this then

this is horrible and I can't believe you'd allow something like this I'm appalled by this monstrosity. please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let the user open a local copy to edit so they can save their own

Let the user open a local copy to edit so they can save their own

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make sure your product works correctly before offering it to users

make sure your product works correctly before offering it to users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix Grammatical Errors in "Couldn't Open the Workbook"

Please fix the grammatical errors in the following message.

"We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook... Do you want to try and open this file in Excel?"

The first sentence is a "comma splice." It should be "We're sorry. We couldn't open your workbook."

The last sentence has "try and," which is a common mistake. The sentence should read "Do you want to try to open this file in Excel?" In other words, instead of using "try and," use "try to."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. more info on why the file cannot be opened.

A LibreOffice saved as .xlsx file cannot be opened in the online Sharepoint. The error is very generic and it does not give even a starting point where to look. it would be nice to have a more detailed description of the error to be able to rectify the issues between the vendors of the office suits.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integration with Seclore Product

Seclore Protcted files gets corrupted once we upload it on OneDrive and open it via O365 Office.

Please sort it out at earliest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Office Online Server URL limit is 2048

The OOS URL limit from sharepoint is 2048
    SPWOPIHost.GetWOPITargetInternalEx() Failure: System.ArgumentException: does not yield a URL that is <= 2048 characters at Microsoft.Office.OpenWebApplication.WopiOM.GenerateWacUrl

To MS Developers, can u fix this please
    See also
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/831ba149-6abc-4028-8d00-87a97e24fc13/how-to-increase-2048-characters-url-limit-in-office-web-apps?forum=sharepointadmin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i 'm retired engineer, though my usage is very less but why should all the normal features should not be awailable to me.

excel not working properly. screen flashing working, still working. while in 4G working as 2G. why users are deprived of full features. only less features are available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base