Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Identify in addition to flagging an error

I keep getting error while Copy/Paste a record.
    App is stating:The selection contains only part of a merged cell. To copy,make a selection that fully contains the merged cell.
    Since App identified the error, it would be much easier to also identify the merged cell it talks about. I do not see any merged cell in my copy, and this same sheet, works fine on my laptop, using Office 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. its somr time not allowing to update the date giving errorUnfortunately, the workbook needs to be closed or checked in before you can edit i

Unfortunately, the workbook needs to be closed or checked in before you can edit it. If everyone uses Excel Online, you can work on it at the same time.

Give Feedback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. what is this

couldn't open excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I should be able to do all the things when i press keys in my keyboard when i am edit in browser/online

I should be able to do all the things when i press keys in my keyboard when i am edit in browser/online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. i would like suggest to microsoft team kindly add the all function demo in" tell me what you want do" so it will make so easy for new guys

Microsoft team can make more easy to online excel by adding formula demos in the box of "Tell me what you want to do "

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS template which has been downloaded from Microsoft Office online. not opening back.

MS template e.g. Budget Chart which has been downloaded from Microsoft Office online. Template is not opening back when I'm opening back through Same office online. Bug is that when I'm opening a file which has been created by an app, the file should open with the same app like xls files open with MS Excel, ppt files opening with MS Powerpoint etc. In this case xlts is not opening with MS Excel Online.

In fact testing to be done like the file formats which are created using the Microsoft online has to open in the respective templates. Trust this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel online not allowing to paste more than once using cut (Ctrl V)

Until a few days ago, I was able to cut and then paste several times with excel online. Now, it only allows me to paste once. Copy and paste works fine. This only happens in excel online. Word online works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when excel send you to the bottom of the spreadsheet and then auto saves I have found the document cannot be re-opened due to errors.

when excel send you to the bottom of the spreadsheet and then auto saves I have found the document cannot be re-opened due to errors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let me know which range does not exist in the sheet

Let me know which range does not exist in the sheet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i think it's a lot better if you will automatically open (provide support to) whatever unsupported files of excel as long as it is excel!!!

i think it's a lot better if you will automatically open (provide support to open files) whatever unsupported files of excel as long as it is excel!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****.

Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****. Nothing seems to work correctly, or when it does, it doesn't the next time I try if for some unknown reason. Google was able to create collaborative apps and provide them for free. And now I can't even delete my own document from my own OneDrive location? This is inexcusable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Application Error for Excel

I cant open my excel file ,see the attachment .
    Please give me some suggestion.Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it printable from an I phone or be able to convert it to a pdg

Make it printable from an iPhone or concert it to a pdg. Where to get help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base