Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Does not open correctly when using Chrome. Please make it work.

Opening Excel using a URL does not work well with Chrome. Please make it work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When the file is more than 5Mb excel online will not allow access without login to Onedrive

Can you allow the shared workbooks that are more than 5Mb to be downloadable without the need to login to one drive- please.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy

I can´t copy all my data and paste in other program. send a message that is to large

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Go back to where it was. Find your self a new job

in just seconds my machine is over heating, the application appears to suck, getting in and out of files and spreadsheets i have been using for 15+ years is not an acceptable procedure. in short who ever dream all of this up needs to be fired and put away somewhere. Everyone is not a part of the modern I really can't do anything and the fact that the software is assuming more and more control and predicting what the user actually needs or wants in frightening. This thing is a monster and older generation users just don't have the time…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel Online filters causes dractically increased filesize

I faced an issue with Excel online that causes sudden increase of filesize.

I managed to replicate it.
    I tried this with Edge and Chrome browsers with same result.

This is how I managed to replicate it.
    1. create a new excel file with excel online
    2. add text/numers to several rows in column "a"
    3. select whole sheet
    4. add filters
    5. close excel online
    -- At this point the filesize is ok
    -- Excel online and Excel 2016 behaves differently. Excel online adds filters to each column but Excel 2016 adds them only to column with some content. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The Error Messages could be more elaborate rather one liner. Atleast an error code which could help us troubleshoot more.

The Error messages seems to be very plain English. It could have some error codes incorporated so it could be helpful in troubleshooting the issues / problems that arise in Excel Online. Instead of just "Give Feedback" link, there can be a link for more description of the errors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Permissions won't populate contacts from outlook

My organization is a merger of two non-profits and we are in the beginning stages of Office 365 roll out, currently we use google to lock online spreadsheets and wanted to use that function for excel 365.

However, when I download the excel file to edit the permission, I can't access my outlook contacts to choose the correct program director (20 + programs, 20 + tabs, 20+ individual directors I have to create unique access codes for and editable ranges).

Currently, since my organization is in the middle of a merger, our company email is an alias while the underlying…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. why we cannot edit in Browser all at the same time, isnt it kind of Google doc function or am I mistaken completely? Thanks

why we cannot edit in Browser all at the same time, isnt it kind of Google doc function or am I mistaken completely? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Online Applications Do Not Work Properly

It sucks. Go back to only using local programming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. well **** this then

this is horrible and I can't believe you'd allow something like this I'm appalled by this monstrosity. please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. LET ME EDIT

LET ME EDIT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File corrupt when editing excel online in Teams

This aren't a suggestion but a review on the edit of excel documents created in Teams and tried Editing. When tried editing the message is " File may be corrupt".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If a data query fails to refresh in Excel online, the cause should be identified.

The error message gives a link to a page that lists the possible causes, but why can't the error message just tell you what's causing YOUR query not to refresh? It would really speed up troubleshooting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base