Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Atleast get inspired by the Google sheets. See how seamlessly it shows up online documents in the browser itself, without any fuss about file size , easy to define permission sets etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Format dates consistently

You can stop Excel INCONSISTENTLY formatting some dates as numbers, some in US format and some in UK format - even within the same column! It makes Excel UTTERLY USELESS, which is why I saved in Open Office format - which Excel online now can't open.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ctrl-Y should redo (repeat) Insert Row, same as in Excel

Ctrl-Y should redo (repeat) Insert Row, same as in Excel

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How did the file get corrupted.

OUr Excel Files got corrupted How?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel Typing Not Working

For some reason, both on my phone and the computer, excel's typing input box is not working. I am unable to type in any data. That seems to be the only thing not working for right now, but a pretty important one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Correct bug that sets formatting to US when editing online and prevents correct setting of data format - Change to UK but sets to Armenian

The date formatting when editing in Excel online changes the format of a date field to US even though it was set to UK when created offline and uploaded. When you try to change the formatting back to UK, it seems to accept your instruction but the formatting displayed is not the one you chose. If you check the format again, it has been changed to Armenian.
    You have been aware of this bug since July last year and it still hasn't been addressed. This is a huge inconvenience to people in the UK as some dates may have been…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Clone the regular Excel Format

Clone the regular Excel Format

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't bug me with a dialog for a shared document every time my laptop goes offline. Ok to display a message in-pane

I get a popup for 'session expired' when my laptop goes to sleep that I have to click on in order to continue; would be better for it to signal the issue in-pane or not even bother me till I try to do something with the document. If you have 5 documents open in different tabs, is this going to freeze every one of them till I click Ok? This is not what Google docs does...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When scrolling down one line in Web Browser, Excel randomly scrolls 800-1000 rows down

Example: When I'm on row 5, and need to scroll to row 6 or 7, the sheet will suddenly be on row 800 to 1000. I've tried using the arrows on the keyboard, clicking and dragging the side scroll (on the browser), and the scroll on my mouse. The most recent change I've made is added the top row Freeze Pane.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. open in Excel

why onenote can't use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate sheet with images/shapes/charts

I am unable to duplicate the sheet having (Images/Shapes/Charts) kindly allow to duplicate the sheet having the above said in excel online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Status bar does not show any statistical figures e.g. count, sum...etc. Please help!!!

Online help shows status bar should show statistical figures, but I can't see them after many attempts.....please help!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Production Tinkering

Stop tinkering with the production environment. Roll out changes to a test area first. We actually USE Excel Online for shared workbooks and it impedes our ability to work when it won't let us open the files online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft people please all kill yourselves

Your software suck so bigtime, its probably best for yourselves but also the world that you all end this ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. message pop up

When a message appear to let me know the link does not work, can it give me the option to opt out of the link as it is not a link in the fir

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base