Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. could you fix this bug - I cannot add new rows, excel online gives me an error message all the time

could you fix this bug - I cannot add new rows, excel online gives me an error message all the time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Default Language settings

Set the default language to the country we are in. I am in the UK therefore I would like UK English to be the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. excel online forms Table formulas cannot be calculated automatically

Excel online Forms cannot automatically calculate the form after writing data, only manual recalculation can be performed. This BUG only happened this month, which was not found before.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh-CN/e32d77d9-efdb-495f-8b22-d854a6b0a6d6/excel-online2925626412?forum=officesystemzhchs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Comparison from google sheets excel is not good.

Dear team I'm using this excel past 2 months,this not comfort compare to google sheets.so please do modifications, Here it is taking too much of time for loading,and If we select all data then press Delete/Backspace,it was happening on only courser column.and date not coming calendar box. This is I observed so Please do it this type of small errors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. You might want to contact the author for more information.

We're sorry. We can't open the workbook in the browser because it uses these unsupported features:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why don't you all drop dead and rot away.

If you drop dead, and rot away at microsoft, then all problems will be solved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pivot table errors should come with instructional video

Pivot table errors should come with instructional video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The GL Code 66300 - Uniforms is missing!!

Please add the GL Code 66300 - Uniforms to the drop down, so we can in the invoices for uniforms in the spend down! Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Duplicating a sheet in Excel with Photos

Duplicate an excel sheet with photo - after the alert message that they have photos in it that they can't be duplicated, the duplication should continue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't say you cannot open two files with the same name at the same time because I star

Don't say you cannot open two files with the same name at the same time because I started with a downloaded copy and then clicked into opening an online version with different changes and it wouldn't let me open that version without having to close out of the local version, rename it, and then trying to open it. Google Docs does a good job of addressing this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be more like Google

Enable file sharing so it's easy like in Google Docs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. how do you add a sheet to exel

there is no plus sign

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple users unable to edit at same time

Multiple users unable to edit at same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i cant open this file

i cant open this file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there a way to increase the sixe limit of excel files from 30mb to more?

Can we increase the size to more than 30MB for users to collaborate on excel online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. back up

Can we get back up of online excel on every date basis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bring back clippy

just kidding, wanted something to make you laugh. Make everything work 99.9% of the time flawlessly then you can get cute with new stuff. It's gotten a lot better lately, keep up the good work. Encourage your colleagues at MS working on Outlook and others to be strong like Excel and always keep the basics working. Excel formulas = bullet proof, nothing but human error or complexity which can be worked around and correct. Outlook contacts, 95% consistent and lost for no reason or don't show up after saving when opening another area of the tools... = fail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make excel less trash

excel is trash and is awful to use for homework and school

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recovery option in excel online,

Provide an option to recover the files which got corrupted

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base