Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'sid:<skype_business_email>' is not working in Excel online but it working in Excel.

in excel column if we have skype url like 'sid:abc@xy.com'. If I click this link in local Excel it is opening skype for business chat appropriately. But when I click this link during Excel online in browser, then it is not opening correctly.
    I am not sure is this kind of bug rather than new feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why don't you all drop dead and rot away.

If you drop dead, and rot away at microsoft, then all problems will be solved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lag in responding on inputs cause a lag between pages and on PC.

Amazing and Great Accessibility! But on the business side, the online office needs many developments on the input response. Since I lost a work day because of lagging between pages. Your support please is highly appreciated!

Also, there is a problem in the synced files on OneDrive; they are not working because of the files name!! who forced me to replace the files name to gain access to it!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. why I can't duplicate sheets with pictures, it is really disaster , i can't believe that Microsoft did this for users.

why I can't duplicate sheets with pictures, it is really disaster , i can't believe that Microsoft did this for users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix the ******* ****

FIx your dame thing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. YOU ******* *******! I'VE GOT A SUBSCRIPTION OT OFFICE 365, I SEE A NOTICE THAT THERE'S AN UPDATE AVAILABLE, I SAY GET THE UPDATE, NOW OFFIC

SO, THERE'S THIS OFFICE 365 UPDATE AVAILABBLE, NOW MY ******* LAPTOP THINKS ITS A ;KFUCHKING MODIBLE AND I KCAN'T GET TO ANY OF MY FILES ********!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Always show the "Expand/Collapse the ribbon" pin/caret no matter window size

If the window is too small, then the "Expand/Collapse the ribbon" pin/caret do not show. You cannot even scroll over to see them. You have to know the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F1 to get it to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy and paste visible cells only

I have previously been able to copy and paste visible cells only in Excel Online when using filtered tables but suddenly this feature is gone. I don't know if it is a temporary issue or if it is a conscious decision, but the feature was very useful and I would love to have it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Needs to be much more reliable.

This system work correctly maybe 10% of the time. Extremely frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it consistent

PLEASE make it consistent from online to desktop. ESPECIALLY formatting. The versions should be exactly the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the "Page Layout" tab so "Themes" can become available!

Additional needed features for better use of the program.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base