Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve excel online error for file > 5mb

The error message in Excel online for file > 5 MB gives optoin to open in desktop or cancel.

Add option to download the file. Most of the time Open in desktop does not work for me, so I firsrt have to download, then open in desktop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow selecting hidden cells between freeze pane boundary and next visible row/column

We have a large spreadsheet with freeze panes on to keep the top row and A:K columns visible. Each column to the left of K includes a date in row 1. As the dates pass, we hide the column as the data is typically no longer relevant. See attached example.xlsx. As you can imagine, many years of data results in many hidden columns.

When editing, sometimes we need to unhide the previous week or two. This is no problem in the Excel desktop app. Ctrl-G - goto P:Q - Home tab - Cells - Format - Visibility - Hide &…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Full Functioning

It is not a full functioning program I can't do my job this way and it is driving me nuts I have to work on the old desktop with windows 7 that keep reminding me that it needs to be updated. It runs so slow it takes me twice as long to do anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Data capacity increase

please increase capacity for smoothly work because one excel sheet not applicable for one year in 300 mb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I can't open a file that is "View Only" in On-Line Excel. Have to copy the file using File Explorer to make a copy of the file.

We use files saved in SharePoint as "templates" for various things. The templates are set up as "View Only". If you try to save one to your one drive, it gives an error message or if you try to "Open in the desk top application", it gives an error. The only way I have been able to make a copy of a file like this is to use file explorer to copy the file from SharePoint to a different location, then open using the desk top application! Please fix it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check the rename option with letter case before giving error message

There's already a sheet with that name. Try another.

It should check the sheet name with letter case. when i try to change the letter case from Capital to small it shows error message. It should not show this error message when there is a case change in sheet name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel nicht im Browser sondern in App

Excel sheets nicht im Browser sondern in App direkt öffnen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sorting ignores dash characters

When sorting (in a data table for example) dashes '-' are ignored. For example:
    v-rno
    v-rsn
    ---v-rst
    v-r-sw
    v-rwe
    v-r-we
    v-rwin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unhide Tab has bug

Unhide Tab has bug as the Error message says "The workbook must contain at least one visible worksheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. selects a cell with formula and try to edit it in Excel, cannot click on nearby cells because formula covers these cells.

selects a cell with formula and try to edit it in Excel, cannot click on nearby cells because formula covers these cells.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This whole forum is annoying, improve posting ideas

Start applying some easier way to post improvements. You ask way too many questions. Stop asking me how I like Excel every time I use it out of MS Teams. MS teams at times feels like working with some kind of shady beta version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Desktop Excel In Offline Not opening properly. What to Do ?

Hey,

I was trying to open the app on Desktop mode but it certainly not working. What do i need to do?

Well, in fact, most office files open as "Offline Copy" - but then I click on the "File Tab", and there's an option to either re-open from the Server copy or re-write the Server Copy.

Excel does not seem to give me that option.

This happens when I select a file by double-clicking on it in Explorer or when I try opening throught the File menu.

It is very frustrating that most of the time I want to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When i am actively working in Excel Online i keep getting a message that i will be signed out.

When i am actively working in Excel Online i keep getting a message that i will be signed out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Prevent removing Allow Filter Option in protected sheets

I have a protected Excel file on SharePoint with Allow Filter Option. If an of the user press Ctrl+Shift-L the filters get removed automatically and since the file is protected, users are able to reapply the filters again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base