Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is terrible. It is much slower and normal shortcuts don't work. I'm very disappointed

It is terrible. It is much slower and normal shortcuts don't work. I'm very disappointed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unzip/extract files on SharePoint

Extract bulk files on sharepoint online while it supports the same supportive features in excel, etc. would be a blessing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add more option cannot copy paste

Add more option cannot copy paste on email body cannot paste any excel table to email body only text will appear with no table. try to male equal to microsoft excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy & paste error if more than one cell

It is not possible to save several rows and columns (in local Excel or other spreadsheets) and paste them back into an Excel published online to continue the work. In this way it was possible to paste data from different rows and columns. Now it is only possible to do it in the user's private online environment. In the published ones, it is only possible to copy and paste into a cell, requiring also to click on it (before only control+V is needed).
    (see image)
    Has this problem been detected? Is there a planned solution?

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Spreadsheet locked for editing by you

There is a bug which seems to occur that when you try to move an excel spreadsheet that you previously had open (which you are not using currently) with in SharePoint document folders, it says you can't move it because it is locked by yourself.
    Another version of this same error is that I can open a document online and then choose to open in Excel and then when I try to edit the workbook it says file in use and again it is your name. I have turned my computer completely on and off again and sometimes it fixes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you're in TEAMS and open a file, then try to open it in the desktop version it does not work.

When you're in TEAMS and open a file, then try to open it in the desktop version it does not work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Address file access issue.

I'm getting a prompt to enter my email. After I enter my email, I get a message that I cannot access the file. Something is not working correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. not open excel file

excel file is not open

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can't open workbook on Web message due to external links: Have a visual in excel web for unsupported features

I would like to see excel web have either red text or a visual message indicating that a feature is blocked.

Examples:
    1. If a chart visual isn't supported than have a little grey square that says "Excel web don't support X kind of chart. Click here to view it in excel desktop"
    2. if a certain cell query isn't supported than maybe have it highlighted with Red text.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. LOUSY application

Doesn't allow me to download the file to my laptop!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If I ask to 'open in excel' please do not ask me if I would like to 'continue editing here' as in the webpage.

Clearly, I have elected to 'Open in Excel'. Why is my only option thereafter to either 'continue working in the webpage I just asked to leave' or to 'provide feedback'. Who designed this? this is really 101 stuff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortcut keys sometimes don't work

About once or twice a day, an error message pops up that the most basic shortcut keys (liek CTRL+C, CTRL+V, or CTRL+X) don't work, and I can only use the mouse. Can you fix that? It's horrible.

Also, CTRL+Z sometimes stops working, and the program says that "There's nothing to retreat", where I've been editing the sheet for hours

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'sid:<skype_business_email>' is not working in Excel online but it working in Excel.

in excel column if we have skype url like 'sid:abc@xy.com'. If I click this link in local Excel it is opening skype for business chat appropriately. But when I click this link during Excel online in browser, then it is not opening correctly.
    I am not sure is this kind of bug rather than new feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: Formulas not displayed in the Excel interface language

In Excel online, the formulas are not displayed in the same language that the interface is. For example, interface in English and formulas in French.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base