Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Online Applications Do Not Work Properly

It sucks. Go back to only using local programming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. well **** this then

this is horrible and I can't believe you'd allow something like this I'm appalled by this monstrosity. please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. File corrupt when editing excel online in Teams

This aren't a suggestion but a review on the edit of excel documents created in Teams and tried Editing. When tried editing the message is " File may be corrupt".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Let the user open a local copy to edit so they can save their own

Let the user open a local copy to edit so they can save their own

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make sure your product works correctly before offering it to users

make sure your product works correctly before offering it to users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Read only / Check Out

When I try to edit spreadsheets, sometimes a different user has it checkout so it is in readonly mode. When I inform them they have it checked out, they have no idea where it is open.

Could you add a feature that can allows me to message them to close out of their file, and in the message the user receives, it has a button to checkin or kill a checkout session?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Grammatical Errors in "Couldn't Open the Workbook"

Please fix the grammatical errors in the following message.

"We're sorry, we couldn't open your workbook... Do you want to try and open this file in Excel?"

The first sentence is a "comma splice." It should be "We're sorry. We couldn't open your workbook."

The last sentence has "try and," which is a common mistake. The sentence should read "Do you want to try to open this file in Excel?" In other words, instead of using "try and," use "try to."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unlocking only specific cells from write protected worksheet using excel javascript API is stopped working

I am using office 365 and Excel online (Build 16.0.9403.1875).

I am creating Microsoft Excel online Add-ins, using Excel Javascript API.

I have a requirement like write protection of entire sheet, except few cells (Range).

The functionality is achieved and it was working fine and recently. it started breaking like, it is completely protecting the sheet.

I did not get any error too.

So, I referred Format protection API, but while debugging, the ‘locked’ property is of no effect in action.

Thanks,
    Raghuvaran

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integration with Seclore Product

Seclore Protcted files gets corrupted once we upload it on OneDrive and open it via O365 Office.

Please sort it out at earliest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Office Online Server URL limit is 2048

The OOS URL limit from sharepoint is 2048
    SPWOPIHost.GetWOPITargetInternalEx() Failure: System.ArgumentException: does not yield a URL that is <= 2048 characters at Microsoft.Office.OpenWebApplication.WopiOM.GenerateWacUrl

To MS Developers, can u fix this please
    See also
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/831ba149-6abc-4028-8d00-87a97e24fc13/how-to-increase-2048-characters-url-limit-in-office-web-apps?forum=sharepointadmin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i 'm retired engineer, though my usage is very less but why should all the normal features should not be awailable to me.

excel not working properly. screen flashing working, still working. while in 4G working as 2G. why users are deprived of full features. only less features are available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Identify in addition to flagging an error

I keep getting error while Copy/Paste a record.
    App is stating:The selection contains only part of a merged cell. To copy,make a selection that fully contains the merged cell.
    Since App identified the error, it would be much easier to also identify the merged cell it talks about. I do not see any merged cell in my copy, and this same sheet, works fine on my laptop, using Office 2016.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. its somr time not allowing to update the date giving errorUnfortunately, the workbook needs to be closed or checked in before you can edit i

Unfortunately, the workbook needs to be closed or checked in before you can edit it. If everyone uses Excel Online, you can work on it at the same time.

Give Feedback

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. what is this

couldn't open excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base