Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password-protected Excel Workbooks on OneDrive

Password protected spreadsheets do not allow them to be opened again on One Drive. No prompt to enter password...

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled. getting this error

Links DisabledLinks to external workbooks are not supported and have been disabled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paste Special was working in Excel on my old iPad but does not work on new iPad I have been using Office 365 on my iPad 4 GEN for several ye

I have been using Office 365 on my iPad 4 GEN for several years. The paste special on this iPad works giving me four options: Paste, Paste Values, Paste Formats and Paste Formulas.

This function also works on my Android Samsung Galaxy S6 in the same way.

I have now installed Office 365 (Excel and Word) on my new 7 GEN iPad. But when I click on Paste Special then nothing happens. There is no other way of copying formats, formulas and values from one cell to another.

Spent more than an hour with Microsoft Support but no avail. She…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I locked a file. I tired to open it in edit. It tells me I can't as somebody else locked it. I am that somebody else, why cannot edit it?

If I lock a file I should be the ONLY one able to edit it until it is locked. Instead the system prevents me from editing it, saying the file is locked by somebody else. I am that somebody else who locked the file, I should be allowed to edit it. I should be the ONLY one able to edit it until it's locked, actually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stop requiring a password to see a shared document!

Stop requiring a password to see a shared Excel document!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. deberian de permitir bajar los archivos, solo sale el error de que el archivo es mayor al limite permitido

deberian de permitir bajar los archivos, solo sale el error de que el archivo es mayor al limite permitido

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel spreadsheets dont allow full formula functionality in MS Teams

when using Excel in Teams, a version of an Excel spreadsheet with a formula built in to keep calculating the age of a case did not work when viewing/editing an Excel sheet in MS Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chromium Edge issue. Wipes out entry as typing in Excel Online. This appears to be related to shift key usage.

Chromium Edge issue. Wipes out entry as typing in Excel Online. This appears to be related to shift key usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel editing limitation within MS Teams (character length limit of 218 to open in the app)

Viewing and reviewing of excel file from MS Teams is okay. However, editing of excel is better done in the app, rather than within MS Teams, which is not handy and lacks a number of editing features. The character length limitations needs to be expanded for Excel app. In fact one thing I don't understand is that how come MS Word can open in the app from MS Teams, while not MS Excel, even though both have similar file length of characters. This needs fixing. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. if a file size exceed the allowed there should be an option to download open the file locally

if a file size exceed the allowed there should be an option to download open the file locally

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Very Slow Report

This report is too big.

Each TL should have their own report with their team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make it work

First: Unableto modify file
    Second: Trying to open excel on laptop, nothing happens despite logging ina and all. No warning, no explanation, nothing ;-(
    third: I don't like exposing my emailaddress, to help you guys. this is last time, you should just make it work and not require me to tell you...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Download too big

IF an excel sheet is too big to display. Then display a download link

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stick into thick fat ms a s s

that would be the best

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base