Feedback by UserVoice

Excel Online

Welcome to the Excel Online feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to decrease Excel Table Size in Excel Online

Right now, Excel Tables can only be increased in size in Excel Online (adding rows or columns) by selecting the table and dragging the corner downward or to the right. Strangely, the table size cannot be decreased by dragging left or up. This contrast to having the ability to decrease the table size by dragging in both Excel Desktop and on the IPad Excel App. It would be great to have similar behavior for re-sizing the table on all three platforms (Excel Desktop, Excel Online, and IPad App). The add-in I am writing depends on Excel Tables having this functionality…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. colour the header field cell if a filter has been set

when applying a filter in Excel it can be very difficult to spot where a filter has been set (partic if there are a number of them). yes it shows a filter in the header field - but is grey. if a filter has been applied it would be very helpful for that field header to change colour - eg be highlighted to help spot where a filter has been applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freeze panes, including those "outside of view"

When navigating a large, wide spreadsheet, I want to be able to freeze panes that are outside of my window view so I can keep context of each column/row for navigating my data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is there any method to perform "filter and sort by colors" in a table?

Is there any method to perform "filter and sort by colors" in the following table?
    Actually, I have already waited for many years about the "sort and filter by colors" function. Why is there not any improvement about such basic function?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move Data in tables to create gaps

I would like to be able to add information in between two sets of data. By dragging the information down. But the error says I cannot shift the cells down due to it interfering with the table. Can this be adjusted?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel Online is not user friendly when removing table formatting.

There should be a fix for that rather than an error message. Example, a way to extend the current table or a way to remove the existing table formatting in order to create a new table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When using filtert, the drop down menu does not show the possible selection in the column. The offline version has this capability

Filter in offline version automatically generate the option in the drop down menu. But the online version does not support it. Please add it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

Allow Ctrl + Click on Excel Online

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Private view filtering and advanced sorting

-> Private view filtering, so only you can see some of the rows only; however, editing and saving one of these rows should be seen by all if visible the rows
    -> be able to sort by more than one column (as in desktop excel)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Advanced Sorting of Sheets Within a Workbook

It would be very useful to sort the sheets of an Excel workbook according to chosen data within the sheets. For instance, if a workbook contained sheets with stats for a group of baseball players, it would be useful to arrange the sheets according to a particular statistic that is common to all sheets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add selecting multiple cells form different cell locations within the same sheet using ctrl + left click

this feature is working fine on desktop versions. this is so helpful when you need to get sum,avg etc at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It seems that the "filter" feature is missing in Excel Online, the same for the date shortcut

You reply to a previous user that the filter feature is supported, however, it seems not to be working. When clicking on sort, nothing is happening. The same with the date shortcut. When I'm typing the shortcut on the keyboard to enter today's date, simply nothing is happening

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Hold" to the drop down options of Open & closed

Add "Hold" to the drop down options of Open & closed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More tab options for excel similar to how note works

I think more tab options for excel would be a great addition to this system. Currently you can connect multiple excel documents together. What i might suggest is being able to make an over all document with many sub folders, similar to how note works. one note book that has tabs with sub tab. for example, someone who may do monthly expenses with excel who may keep track of the whole year. Have one over all tab for the year, a sub tab for month in that year and more options if you wanted to brake it down into days.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. hi

hi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. let me delete cells and shift up in a table

let me delete cells and shift up in a table

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create Dinamics Table on Excel Online

Excel Online allow to you modificate and organize dinamics tables, but dont creat it. This is a great tool, please work on it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base