Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Function in chosen language, not according to location

I use Excel and other Office web apps in English, however my locale is set up as Czech Republic which I would like to keep because changing account to a different locale that uses English means changing timezone etc.

My request is that functions language would either be based on selected language or there will be an option to select language specifically for functions.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Kicking People out of Excel Online

I would like a way to be able to kick people out of Excel Online so that I can easily edit the workbook in regular Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Kicking People out of Excel Online

I would like a way to be able to kick people out of Excel Online so that I can easily edit the workbook in regular Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. control the opening mode (offline) with sharepoint shortcut pointing at excel file (now enforce online)

in a document library, you can enforce the use of client application. so excel does open in excel offline. when creating a shortcut to file, it open online anyway.

I would like to be able to 'ban' online cause we use some project file maintained by lots of different people and i've noticed several cases of data loss due to version being ovewritten.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include PowerPivot with Office 365 for Business

Include Power Pivot with Office 365 for Business subscription

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make more accurate and make it so you can't lose any info during a storm or when pawer goes

Make it so you can check what the differences are between a person's bank statements and what's on the EXCEL screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. should be insert charts

It would be great if you could insert charts from data info in sheet

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When the file is more than 5Mb excel online will not allow access without login to Onedrive

Can you allow the shared workbooks that are more than 5Mb to be downloadable without the need to login to one drive- please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyperlinks are lost when saved as a pdf using Excel 2016 mac.

When a word 2016 doc is saved as a pdf the hyperlinks remain in the saved pdf. Not so for an excel 2016 spreadsheet which is then saved as a pdf. The hyperlinks are lost. Surely this should be a standard feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change colour of words within a cell

To be able to change colour of individual words or characters to highlight those words.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support features in the desktop app that competitors like Google Sheets support.

Please upgrade your Excel Online to support fairly basic features that the desktop application supports and that competing spreadsheet apps like Google Sheets support. So far I have found the following issues:

• Cannot edit conditional formatting.

• Cannot name cells.

Both of these can apparently be done in the desktop application, but lack UI elements in Excel Online. The lack of ability to name cells is particularly egregious as it is an important feature when making robust formulae.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. online-read-only mode for excel desktop app

hey dev:), i hope u make read-only mode available for excel desktop app.
    my friend send me a read-only spreadsheet link, but i don't like viewing it on my browser because the numbers' format don't fit with my country standard ("," for decimal, instead of ".")
    this make my work 2 times longer in copying value, that i must modify every cell content.

thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Merge cells if they have identical values

When merging cells I get the following message: "When merging cells, only one cell can contain a value. The current selection contains multiple cells with values and cannot be merged." It would be easier if the cells could merge if they all contain identical values.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. India

Plz make it similar to Normal Excel so that it can be more user friendly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copy

I can´t copy all my data and paste in other program. send a message that is to large

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If the file exceeds 30mb instead of letting me do nothing let me download it

If the file exceeds 30mb instead of letting me do nothing let me download it

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More options on type of graphs and help text for the same

Need to have additional type of graphs with help text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base