Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. formula bar is gone on online excel

help its gone and I want to get it back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Sheet View for Collaboration Should Have Option for Document-Wide Sheet View

The sheet view setting is great, however each custom sheet view is restricted to that sheet only. If there was a 'custom document view' then I can preset a view for each employee who uses the spreadsheet.
    (E.G. in this case its for a job list, each sheet is a different client, there is a column called Job Manager, I want a custom filter so that each individual can select the view and only see jobs they manage across the document, rather than selecting on the sheet and changing view each time)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel Online - sheet print area

Excel Online - Set Print Area - would be nice to be able to set a print area that can be saved, so that when others use the document, it will print the same way without having to redo all the settings.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel spreadsheets dont allow full formula functionality in MS Teams

when using Excel in Teams, a version of an Excel spreadsheet with a formula built in to keep calculating the age of a case did not work when viewing/editing an Excel sheet in MS Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bugs i datoformatering

Dato i kortversjon fungerer ikke som den skal. Prøv f.eks 10/9/2020.
    Og så ønsker jeg mulighet for egne celleformater i Web-versjonen også.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel online Interprise Basic Suscription is out to date

The online version of excel in the "Basic Enterprise" subscription is not Microsoft 365 and does not have the same features as a free Hotmail account, which has a more up-to-date version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restrict editing sheet views by requiring the view to be saved

Require a sheet view to be saved if someone adds a new filter within an existing sheet view so it doesn't modify the sheet view for everyone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Calling a worksheet function with Office Scripts

I tried the below code similar to Office Addins.
    but "Can't perform requested operation" error occurred.
    I want you to be able to call worksheet functions with Office Scripts.

async function main(context: Excel.RequestContext) {
    let sheet = context.workbook.worksheets.getActiveWorksheet();
    let range = sheet.getRange("A1:A4");
    range.values = [[10], [20], [30], [40]];
    let ave = context.workbook.functions.average(range);
    ave.load("value");
    await context.sync();
    console.log(ave.value); //error
    }

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect between 2 Excel files online with formulas

I have two online Excel files.

One is A
    Two is B

I need to exchange the data online between them and connect/link them without the need to enter the data again and again since I have to do formulas and calculations again and again!

Online exchange between two files is needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. implement Office Scripts in other apps

I want you to implement Office Scripts in Office on the web other than Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Opening and saving files

To have access on how to save information of a client and opening it again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Users to Edit Ranges should function in Excel Online

This functionality would be incredible for several things my office would like to implement if it worked online. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly but it appears other users have been having the same issues. When I open an excel online file in the desktop app and give specific users permission to edit locked ranges it works when editing on my computer in the desktop app but not when editing on the web app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column"

Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column", not only the first column. Also, an option to "Freeze up to Selected Row".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing

In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing, kindly provide

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default to Desktop Applications

When opening a file in Teams, please default to the "desktop" app so that the full editing functionality can be achieved without having to navigate to different dialog boxes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Can there be a lock option on the worksheets tab?

Can there be a lock option on the worksheets tab? I work in recruiting and use multiple worksheets in a workbook and the tabs keep moving. This slows down my productivity when having to find the tab or relate it back to it's sister tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. evaluate Formula

Make Evaluate Formula and Formula tab available online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel Online needs Sparklines

Students are expected to work with Excel and finish their assignments. I (and many others) have a Mac. I use Office 365 online and am STILL unable to finish my assignment because I cannot insert sparklines. This is very frustrating. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make comments filterable. It would be great to be able to only see "open" comments (i.e. filter out "resolved" comment threads).

Make comments filterable.

It would be great to be able to only see "open" comments (i.e. filter out "resolved" comment threads).

It would also be amazing to be able to filter comments by month that they were added (can you tell that I use the comments to trigger people to help with end of month commentary? Haha!).

Someone else has mentioned being able to filter based on person who is mentioned int eh comment and that would be excellent too.

Great feature that has helped me so far, I just think these changes could take it to the next level.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base