Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sample Script To Add New Record From Other Locations in Sheet

Sample Script To Add New Record From Other Locations in Sheet. I have a sheet used to fill out information and I want to use another sheet as a database and just add a new record to the next available Row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be notified and others when a change happens to a cell in a LIVE excel sheet

Notification system to a CELL in a Live excel sheet

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Different Color or Theme

It would be cool to have different color or theme of your preference.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improvements to Excel Web Embedding

Microsoft, you're missing a huge trick!

If you can significantly improve the ability of embedding Excel worksheets/ranges/tables into a website / javascript - with much better navigability across worksheets, it will significantly improve the way I can, and many others (including Governements, Tax Officials, etc.) can present their tutorials (with example calculations that can be interacted with) online.
    I've spent months trying to find a great solution - but I can't find anything, so end up using the clunky excel embed capabilities - which aren't very good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the Power Query as a native web experience

It would be nice if we can have a native Power query experience on the web. You have it in Flow called Power Query. Cant we add this as a tab. And also allow people to use Power Pivot in the Excel Workbook. To start if we can import csv files , excel files and json files from a one drive or sharepoint list. Later from Azure blobs would be very nice.

This will help doing alot of manual work. Can we also increase

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cells to link in excel files online

We need the cells to link in excel files online.

Necesitamos que las celdas de vinculen en archivos excel online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All functionality available

The option to update documents within a team is great but the limitations of all excel functions unavailable cause me to make copies and re-save new files because I cant update them the way I need to in Teams. Would love to stay within Teams!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show History, when is the modify make at which column and who is the person make the change on that time.

We can trace who is the person modify the data inside the excel column.
    What time they make the change as history.
    Maybe we wrongly change it the data, so we able to found back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Conditional Formatting in Teams

I just posted an excel file to Teams and the conditional formatting did not come with it. I haven't done any trouble shooting, but it appears that it's because I used formulas for the conditional formatting, rather than the other options.

Is there a reason you can't use formulas for conditional formatting on Teams?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add data validation option on mobile(Android) excel.

Please add 'data validation option' on mobile(Android) excel. Desktop version excel has this feature but mobile version excel doesn't. Please add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When the excel online is shared to several people, another person will see the filtering make by another person.

It is great if everyone can make their own filter and edit on the range hide by another person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please allow individual cell insert and delete

Currently, it's not allowed to just insert or delete individual cell, it has to be a whole row or column.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have "Date Axis" work the same on Pivot Charts as on standard charts

On regular charts selecting "Date Axis" will cause the chart to draw with the data correctly spaced (i.e., dates that are 7 days apart will be 7 spaces apart on the chart) even if there is no data. On Pivot Charts "Date Axis" behaves just like a "Text Axis" and non-adjacent dates are drawn adjacent to each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screen Sharing on Excel

When one of my teammates and myself are on the same excel worksheet, someone has full control of the sheet and the other person is just viewing what I am doing. So when I move to another sheet, the person's excel will automatically follow me where I go on the excel sheet. In a sense screen sharing/screen mirroring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel online workbook to open a default sheet whenever it is accessed by anyone

> User A opens the Excel Workbook and edit the Sheet 3, saves and closes the Workbook.
    > When user tries to open the same workbook again, he is redirected to Sheet 3 directly.
    > When user B tried to open the same workbook in a different machine, he also gets the same Sheet 3 as a default sheet when opened the workbook.
    > User B edits the Sheet 5, saved and closed workbook.
    > When user B trued to open the same workbook, then he is redirected to Sheet 5 and same redirection is done with user A and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable copy/cut/paste function for unlocked cells

Where most of the sheet is locked and protected have an option to disable copy/cut/paste function for the unlocked cells without using VBA since we are opening the file online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. full parity between Power Query from Power BI and Power Query Excel

Power BI always gets new M functions and features first. The Power Query editor in Excel however, lacks behind a lot. Many functions that are generally available in Power BI desktop never make it to Power Query Excel.

for example: the M function Html.Table has been available more that 2 years in Power BI desktop. But sadly still isn't supported in Excel 365.

Please make all functions and features of the Power Query editor in the free software "power BI desktop" also available in the paid subscription of "Excel 365".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. while working on a multiple user shared worksheet it should show which user is currently using which cell of that sheet

while working on a multiple user shared worksheet it should show which user is currently using which cell of that sheet

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable macros and VB code, please! This is a huge concern for our team!

Enable macros and VB code, please! This is a huge concern for our team!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sheet view in online excel not working

Sheet view functionality is amazing as its lets the user create their own private filters without impacting other users view. However if I create multiple sheet views with different filters , most of the time it displays default view regardless of the custom sheet view I select! I want to inform that , it worked perfectly in first day but started showing default filters there after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base