Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix issue where opening files in Excel Online in Firefox displays ‘MS Mincho’ font in Gothic font

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Firefox で Excel Online のファイルを開いた際に、 "MS 明朝" がゴシック調で表示されるため改善してほしい
    Fix issue where opening files in Excel Online in Firefox displays ‘MS Mincho’ font in Gothic font

■Description(内容):
    Firefox で Excel Online のファイルを開いた際に、 "MS 明朝" がゴシック調で表示されるため、全てのブラウザーで設定したフォントが表示されるように機能の改善を希望します。

Opening files in Excel Online in Firefox displays ‘MS Mincho’ font in Gothic font, so please fix this so that all browsers show the set font correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Properties that do not reflect in Excel Online

■Title(件名):
    Excel Onlineだと反映しないプロパティ
    Properties that do not reflect in Excel Online

■Description(内容):
    Excel クライアントアプリケーションでは使用できても、Excel Online では反映しないプロパティがいくつかあるため、機能の拡充を希望します。

There are several properties that are not reflected in Excel Online even if they can be used in the Excel desktop client application, so please improve on this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Highlight keywords in spellcheck

Please add the feature to show highlighted words when conducting spellcheck in Excel. The entire spellcheck feature needs to be updated to Word standards, as Excel is being used for this in the business world.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need to be able to have more than 1 colour of text in a cell.

Multiple colleagues of mine update our excel documents online. We usually use a traffic light system to show what stage each point in the calander is on which is not possible using one drive as it only lets us use 1 font colour per cell. This means we'd be better off working on a desktop version and sharing documents instead of updating on One Drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Track Changes

Can you add the Track Changes option in the WEB version?

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I want to hide the “Download as ODS” item

■Title(件名):
    [ODS としてダウンロード]項目を非表示にしたい
    I want to hide the “Download as ODS” item

■Description(内容):
    Excel Online にて、名前を付けて保存をする際の [ODS としてダウンロード] を非表示とする機能の実装を希望します。
    本項目が表示されていることにより、意図しない形式でファイルが保存されることを回避したいです。

I want to be able to hide the “Download as ODS” option when using ‘Save as...’ on Excel Online.
    This is to avoid having users accidentally save files in the wrong format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Get data from other excel online workbook using office script

It would be nice if office sciript can get data from other excel online workbook without the using power automate as intermediary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A More diversed pallet of Cell Colors

A More diversed pallet of Cell Colors

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. open with excel desktop application by default

I want to open the uploaded excel file with excel desktop application by default,
    so when I click on excel file in MS Teams it should open with excel desktop application by default

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default opening at the TOP A1

Each time you go to a worksheet or file, it does not show you A1, you must start working with the sheet by scrolling to see what should be the default position. Or Remember the last position when it was closed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel online workbook to open a default sheet whenever it is accessed by anyone

> User A opens the Excel Workbook and edit the Sheet 3, saves and closes the Workbook.
    > When user tries to open the same workbook again, he is redirected to Sheet 3 directly.
    > When user B tried to open the same workbook in a different machine, he also gets the same Sheet 3 as a default sheet when opened the workbook.
    > User B edits the Sheet 5, saved and closed workbook.
    > When user B trued to open the same workbook, then he is redirected to Sheet 5 and same redirection is done with user A and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Access to Charles Schwab

Charles Schwab (not a small company) is one of the institutions you list to link from to Excel Money. Yet, when I attempt to it says it can't because of multi-factor authentication. I phoned Schwab (Schwab Bank is my primary bank; without access, Excel Money is useless to me) and Schwab said you would have to request access. Incidentally, my small credit union accesses my Schwab accounts (brokerage and bank) and regularly updates balances in credit union data automatically. So there must be a way. If my small credit union can do it, I'm sure MS can!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Layout and Subtotal formatting support for PivotTable Hierarchies

I'm trying to create an Office script in Excel Online that formats a PivotTable. I am able to use the PivotLayout interface (and setLayoutType and setSubtotalLocation methods) to format the entire table, but there is no way to format an individual row or column hierarchy.

You can do just that without code in Excel Online by right clicking on a pivot item or row header and using the subtotal and layout menu items that appear. It would be helpful if you could add support for formatting individual row/column hierarchies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing the feedback.
    This is a known API and recording gap and the team has this in the backlog to be implemented.

If you need further details, please feel free to contact directly.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam @ microsoft.com

16. Default to specific worksheet

Without having to use macros, be able to configure a specific worksheet to be the default, to always be the worksheet displayed when first opening the workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. URL to saved sheet view (filter)

This is available on google sheets and is incredibly useful. You can link directly to a sheet view so someone can click on a link and not only get to the excel workbook online .. but have it sort and filter automatically.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Workbook Links Excel 365 on the web

Dear All,

I am user of Excel 365 web. I would like to connect (link) two excel files, both files are in my OneDrive. I would like to do this in Excel 365 web. I tried this procedure:

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-brings-support-for-external-workbook-links-to-excel-on-the-web/

But it doesn't work.

Karol

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base