Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. need to link excel files (fields) online for active, real-time team collaboration

need to link excel files (fields) online for active, real-time team collaboration

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While working on a sheet online (sharepoint), we can not move sheets from another worksheet opened in excel.

If we want to move some sheets form a worksheet opened in MS Excel offline to a worksheet opened in share point, there is no way to do.
    There should be an option to move sheets from offline excel workbook to a workbook opened in share point.
    Further, there is no option to move sheets in online workbook opened in sharepoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Row misalignment

Worksheet rows become misaligned, such that one or more columns shift up or down, making the row data inaccurate. No clear cause when this happens. Have to close and reopen the file to correct it. Unfortunately we cannot always tell when this has happened so that we then edit to correct data but it’s really for a different row. Happens on both PC and MAC. Very dangerous for our data!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Master spreadsheet

So,I collect a large amount of data, which I would ideally like to be an excel spreadsheet withing an excel spreadsheet. That is a overall spreadsheet which I could split into an annually, which I could analyze monthly or however I choose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please sent excel file with extention .xlsx

Please sent excel file with extention .xlsx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set chart max/min values using a cell reference

instead of endlessly using the format tool to change the max and min of chart axes, allow those values to be set using a cell reference

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow online EXCEL 365 workbooks to open at Sheet1!A1 every time or allow us to define it in the URL

Online shared Excel 365 workbooks appear to open to the last cell a user clicked. This is no good if we are trying to display information to a team.

Could you please give us the option to open sharepoint docs at sheet1!A1 as with the desktop Excel.
    or failing that, allow us to specify cell sheet1!A1 in the sharepoint URL to that workbook

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/external-url-link-to-a-specific-cell-in-an-excel/3c5d27e8-ffb9-4a7b-8cf7-5b64ce5b0814

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please introduce Office 365 version for Linux.

I use both Windows and Linux. It will be great if Office 365 is also available with full functionality on Linux too. So that I can use my files where Windows is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop forcing Sharepoint links to open using Excel online

Link automatically open in Excel online which doesn't work for many documents that have macros or are over a certain size. Give an option to open in Desktop Excel or just download the file instead without having to waste time trying to load it in Excel Online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Right Click option

When right click in excel - you should be able to have an option to move selected to another tab.
    I currently have to select - right click copy or clt+c and then click the tab to enter then select the next empty line and paste... I wish there was just an easier way...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get your **** together. - thats my idea.

Your web-app version of office is laughable. Reminiscent of Google Hosted Services 10 years ago.

Please, get it together. we rely on these applications and the collaboration capabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel file corrupt

If I open excel from SP then it says as file is corrupt and the same file if I download and open then it opens correctly. I have cleared the cache, I have reopened the IE, I have restarted my laptop. Why such issue ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I like Excel, but don't we feel that the green is so 2005? How about some splashes of blue? Or a funky two-tone? Come on Microsoft.

I like Excel, but don't we feel that the green is so 2005? How about some splashes of blue? Or a funky two-tone? Come on Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)