Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel in Teams text alignment

Allow for vertical text alignment when veiwing Excel Docs in Teams. Currently if having a table/list using vertical text in an Excel it moves the text and makes the column unreadable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calculated Field with Pivot Table in Excel Online

When I use Excel Online, I am not able to add a calculated field for my pivot table. This feature already exists in Desktop version, adding this feature to Excel Online would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. numeric keyboard dot comma

numeric keyboard dot comma

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to see the same display in safari on ipad as in excel online on PC.

When I use the mouse on my ipad, the menu for touch comes up and is very difficult to use.
    I would like it to display and work the same as on a PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Validation from a separate sheet

I'm trying to do a simple table lookup from another sheet but this doesn't appear to be possible on Excel Online. I have several tables with a "person" column that allows users to select a pre-defined list of member names from a drop-down list using data validation. This works fine except every time we add or remove a member I have to go and update about 20 tables. It would be much more efficient to have one master member list on a separate sheet and do a simple lookup using data validation list from this sheet. From what I understand,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sharing only one Sheet from the Excel file where Person can see his data

One sheet is having data from the entire team. The other one is having formulated sheet where the person can see his data or any chart I have entered.

Unique Key will be the email id that is available in the datasheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Money in Excel"

Money in Excel: It appears that you only import about a month of historical transactions. I would like a way to request you pull more transactions, or the ability to load historical transactions from a CSV or Excel file.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need to be able to have more than 1 colour of text in a cell.

Multiple colleagues of mine update our excel documents online. We usually use a traffic light system to show what stage each point in the calander is on which is not possible using one drive as it only lets us use 1 font colour per cell. This means we'd be better off working on a desktop version and sharing documents instead of updating on One Drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Get data from other excel online workbook using office script

It would be nice if office sciript can get data from other excel online workbook without the using power automate as intermediary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix this find & replace for: find * (star) replace with - (hyphen)

Please fix this find & replace combination:
    find * (star) replace with - (hyphen)

When I run this combo, the end result in a cell is just one hyphen or dash (also in desktop version).

The only way I can perform the above find-replace quickly is by copying all the cells to InDesign, which I use all the time for layout things, and using its find & replace function, then I need to copy all cells back to Excel.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fx this find & replace for: find * (star) replace with - (hyphen)

Please fix this find & replace combination:
    find * (star) replace with - (hyphen)

When I run this combo, the end result in a cell is just one hyphen or dash (also in desktop version).

The only way I can perform the above find-replace quickly is by copying all the cells to InDesign, which I use all the time for layout things, and using its find & replace function, then I need to copy all cells back to Excel.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bind office script to events

bind custom functions written with office scripts to events such as "onChanged" as described in the documentation for addins:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-events

it's essential to enable automation

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently, events APIs are not supported within Office Scripts. One of the main reason is that events can be long running and scripts have a defined start and end points. Unlike an add-in, the script doesn’t stay in the background to listen in and act on the events.
    Could you please let us know how you’d utilize events API support? That will definitely help us understand the requirement better.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager

14. how to split worksheet in different column width

There should be an option to split work sheet into two sheets and both sheets column's width should be adjustable separately.
    Thanks
    qazi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. searching option for excell functions

when we have to do something new which we dont know how to do it normaly we are depending search engines,if there is an option to search inside ms excel it would be nice and healpful for people who is learning the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. searching option for excell functions

when we have to do something new which we dont know how to do it normaly we are depending search engines,if there is an option to search inside ms excel it would be nice and healpful for people who is learning the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unlock sheets

It's very important and necessary to be able to "unlock" sheet in the site of Excel 365 in line, because the lack of this option make the user the mandatory the necessity of have Excel.app installed in the hardware, so because of this the fully potential of the "on line" services are not so functional and not allowd us to become in a "fully movil collaborator" to our companyes

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel tabs

Excel tabs in teams keep jumping around it would be great to be able to lock the tab order in place.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,
    Thanks for submitting this idea and voting for it.
    We need more information for better understanding of this request.
    Sheet tabs should not “jump around”, unless someone is reordering them.
    Is it a bug or a feature request? Is it still relevant?
    Any additional information will help us prioritize and handle this issue.

Thanks,
    Itai from Microsoft

19. Disable Excel Protected-View for files in specific website

Hi,

I work with a website who produce a lot of Excel files.

Each file opens in Protected-View. Now, I don't want to disable the Protected-View in general for internet location, but only for a specific websites.

Thanks in advanced,

Eliran

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. hyperlink on single words like google sheets, formatting, and hyperlink interface file directory with link

1. URL can be linked to single words in google sheets, thus allowing to click the cell without navigation, or better looking format.

2. conditional formatting if it cell contains hyperlink, to prevent other conditional formatting from undoing the normal hyperlink formatting

3. the hyperlink interface that can look at files like in the desktop. But use the URL link instead of file Path link. So folder can move and not break linking and open correctly from all interfaces (instead of thinking its a download if done wrong)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base