Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Office scripts on the Home/Personal version of Office 365

I need to learn Office/Excel scripts for work, so that I can update some older spreadsheets that are programmed with VBA. However I do not have the time at work. I would like to be able to play with this at home - I have a personal office 365 subscription, but cannot access the automate tab.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Auto expand column width

Enable Auto expand column clicking functionality. When double clicking, on the edge of a column, on its boundary, it should expand to show the full contents of all the cells in that column - as is, currently, the case in Excel desktop app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please consider allowing multiple font colors in a single cell of an Excel Online spreadsheet. Thank you!

We use excel online with Huddle to allow multiple users make daily updates to a file. It would be nice if the functionality in regular Excel, that allows multiple font colors in a single cell, were incorporated into Excel online. The way we would like to use it, the user would highlight changes made to a cell in red text, while the existing text remains black. Thanks for your consideration.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add 'full HTML formatting' option in excel 365 to import data from web

Please add 'full HTML formatting' option in excel 365 to import data from web

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. unlock sheets

It's very important and necessary to be able to "unlock" sheet in the site of Excel 365 in line, because the lack of this option make the user the mandatory the necessity of have Excel.app installed in the hardware, so because of this the fully potential of the "on line" services are not so functional and not allowd us to become in a "fully movil collaborator" to our companyes

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Table Name

I think Excel online can customize table name

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office 365 Excel needs the show formula function

CTRL + ` would display the entire sheet in formula view. As a teacher, I need this feature to correct student work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More colors!

I would like there to be more colors for excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Value field In a Pivot Table

In Value Field in a Pivot Table there are various options of calculation of that field . At times one may not require calculation but to display the values as in source Cell. so in calculation option one more option may be added "same as Source Cell"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Side by side in Microsoft Teams

Could you please add the option to view multiple sheets side by side in Microsoft Teams just as you have the option in Excel desktop?

Thanks! :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Include a script search box in the Scripts pane

Add a search box in the Scripts pane. Also , perhaps, add the ability to create folders in the pane , too. Enter text in the search box would filter those scripts that are listed making it easier to find the one you need. I am, already, having to scroll through a hundred scripts and that is, only, after a few months of using Office Scripts. In a year or two I will have hundreds of scripts which will, actually, be impossible to navigate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit history for individual cells

I would like to see edit history for individual cells. Google sheets has this option and it has proven invaluable so I would like to see it available in Excel Online

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Dar nombre a un rango de celdas"

Consdieraría muy útil recuperar función que tenían las versiones anteriores del Office Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Define Name for a range

Name a range in Excel Online and make available to use in formulas in other workbooks

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Linking of excel sheets in multiple files using formulas in sharepoint.

Working in single file is a basic thing. However linking of multiple excel files through formulas are not present in sharepoint. For example VLOOKUP(), SUMIF(), MATCH() e.t.c.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 Step Verification for individual Office (Excel, Word, etc.) Files

This is much needed in the business community when the product for sale, e.g. is a single large Excel file. Present day password protection capabilities don't provide the necessary protection that a compiled program does. 2Fa would solve this concern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base