Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rows to Columns or Columns to Rows in a single click

Hi Team,

There is need to have a single click swap of rows and columns which should change Rows to Columns or Columns to Rows in a single click. Please check this and implements as soon as possible with user friendly tag or option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you please add feature to lock the individual sheets in the Excel online and version history as well.

Can you please add feature to lock the individual sheets in the Excel online and version history as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Whe trying to replicate the format with "format painter" I cant apply the copied format tomultiple rows

Whe trying to replicate the format with "format painter" I cant apply the copied format tomultiple rows

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Could you just make it work as efficiently as google docs works please? It is always slow to update, clunky to share and generally unreliabl

Just be more like google docs; Excel online doesn't do anything better, only worse for online usage, access, sharing and collaboration.

it amuses me that on here you offer the option to sign in with facebook and gmail, but neglect your own office login!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crash when open Excel on One Drive

Crash when open Excel on One Drive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a way to convert xlsx files to xls so I can save and open using older excel software

Provide a way to convert xlsx files to xls so I can save and open using older excel software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically open file in Excel desktop if the file is above 5MB

Simple enough. Excel online throws an error when the file is above 5MB in size, and doesn't give the user any other options. Effectively, the file is inaccessible to the user. If the file is above the Excel online limit, have the file open in Excel desktop instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Excel online opening to the last cursor spot vs top left

When I open excel online it opens to an odd spot in my document. It appears the last spot my cursor was left is now the top right of where it opens. For example if I'm working in a document and leave my cursor on the far right of my page (there is no more data on the right) the next time I open it my file opens with that far right cell now as my top left cell shifting my document. When working in multiple files and opening and closing it makes the constant having to scroll extremely annoying.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. m.wenob

Team Work

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move columns instead of replace them

I should be able to move existing rows/columns by clicking and dragging - WITHOUT having to replace an existing row/column.

Google is SO MUCH BETTER at these basic, user-friendly functions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. At the moment I filter, it should show the quantity of cases that are the results of the filter.

As in the Full Version of Excel, at the moment you apply different filters, there should be a number in the bar that shows the quantity of the cases that comply with the specifications of the filter (s).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Desktop Excel is great, spreadsheet edit within SharePoint is TERRIBLE. I suggest ALWAYS opening .xls* files within the desktop app.

Desktop Excel is great, spreadsheet edit within SharePoint is TERRIBLE. I suggest ALWAYS opening .xls* files within the desktop app. Why even try to provide functionality within SharePoint?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please let me name cells in the web version

The title perfectly explains my problem

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Split Cell Feature.

Cells should be able to be split into two, instead of having to merge cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need style pattern in filling cells

style pattern in filling cells is not visible in Excel Online. It's a problem

We need to access options format cells (number / alignment / font / border / fill / protection)

More features online !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. F4 keyboard shortcut for Repeat / Redo

In the local install of Excel the use of F4 to repeat the previous action is wonderful, and I use it regularly.
    If this could be added to the online version it would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base