Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Excel allow modifying the decimal separator within the web application.

In Excel (Office Web) allow to modify the decimal separator within the web application. Because it does not always take the system configuration, and not all countries use the same decimal nomenclature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When use in Sharepoint, with microsoft 365, get full report log about use, like

have a complete report of use, such as deletion of comments etc ... at the administrator level.
    i use Sharepoint and have a lot files. i need more and better , most complete log.

I don't want a user to be able to delete a comment
    thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Include a script search box in the Scripts pane

Add a search box in the Scripts pane. Also , perhaps, add the ability to create folders in the pane , too. Enter text in the search box would filter those scripts that are listed making it easier to find the one you need. I am, already, having to scroll through a hundred scripts and that is, only, after a few months of using Office Scripts. In a year or two I will have hundreds of scripts which will, actually, be impossible to navigate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Office scripts on the Home/Personal version of Office 365

I need to learn Office/Excel scripts for work, so that I can update some older spreadsheets that are programmed with VBA. However I do not have the time at work. I would like to be able to play with this at home - I have a personal office 365 subscription, but cannot access the automate tab.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. import data from text file into excel online

To all,

I wished that excel online had the ability to import data from a TXT or CSV file from a location in onedrive. This would be a game changer for me and some of my personal reports.

tks,

Eduardo Simas

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for different colored fonts in the same cell in an excel spreadsheet within microsoft teams

As detailed-please allow to use of different colored fonts within the same cell of microsoft teams. Currently having to download and re-upload changes for these to stay and cannot work directly in the teams excel environment to do this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bind office script to events

bind custom functions written with office scripts to events such as "onChanged" as described in the documentation for addins:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-events

it's essential to enable automation

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently, events APIs are not supported within Office Scripts. One of the main reason is that events can be long running and scripts have a defined start and end points. Unlike an add-in, the script doesn’t stay in the background to listen in and act on the events.
    Could you please let us know how you’d utilize events API support? That will definitely help us understand the requirement better.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager

8. Open in Excel Online From Excel Desktop (Mac & Windows)

Currently we are able to open the workbook from Excel Online to Desktop when the files are saved to OneDrive, but there is no option to open it from Excel Desktop to Excel Online. This is not limited to Excel but for other Microsoft Office Products as well.
    This will allow use both the versions of Offices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get data from other excel online workbook using office script

It would be nice if office sciript can get data from other excel online workbook without the using power automate as intermediary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. numeric keyboard dot comma

numeric keyboard dot comma

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix timezone for personal office 365 personal - Excel Today() wrong date

I'm using Office 365 personal and using =today() function on excel online, gives the wrong date, as suggested by different forums online, I cannot find the regional settings that others have suggested, I'm assuming that they are only available for business accounts. Please fix this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Implement an analytic tool for Excel online

The analytic too for Excel client doesn’t work for Excel online. I would like you to implement an analytic tool for Excel online.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When I type a character in the formula bar and convert it, it doesn't enter in the cell.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    数式バーに文字を入力し変換してもセルに入力されない。
    When I type a character in the formula bar and convert it, it doesn't enter in the cell.

■Description(内容):
    iPad で Excel ファイルを Excel for the web で開いた場合、数式バーに文字を入力し変換してもセルには変換前の文字が入力される。
    変換後の文字が入力されるよう機能の改善を希望します。

When you open an Excel file in Excel for the web on an iPad, the cell is entered before the conversion character when you type and convert characters in the formula bar.
    Please improve the function so that the converted character is entered.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. NSF to PST converter

SysInspire NSF to PST converter gives you a safest way to convert Lotus Notes (NSF) to Outlook (PST). It has expert solution which helps you to remove all corrupted files with a few steps. It's totally free to install and gives you a free trial demo to convert the first 25 selected items each folder. You can easily convert NSF files into EML, EMLX, MBOX, MSG, vCard, CSV, ICS, Zimbra, Gmail, Yahoo and Office 365 etc.

Read more about:- https://www.sysinspire.com/nsf-to-pst-converter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. NSF to PST converter

Want to transfer multiple NSF files into a single PST file format, try the most effective and workable tool SysInspire NSF to PST converter. The Lotus Notes NSF file supports you to store all emails files when MS Outlook does not work. And easily recovers NSF file databases and save them into PST, EMLX, EML, MSG, Gmail, Yahoo, Zimbra, Office 365 and HTML file format. Lotus notes NSF file recovers and maintains many items of MS outlook e.g Inbox, Sent, Delete, Spam, Junk, Outbox, Draft, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Task, Journals, etc.

Read more about:- https://www.sysinspire.com/nsf-to-pst-converter/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The right click Show/Hide Field List option on a pivot table is not saving.

The right click Show/Hide Field List on a pivot table does not save. My field list keeps coming back, even though I have set it to Hide.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Data Streamer for Mac

So many Mac users, how about allowing us to stream data as well?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spell check on Excel for GCC customers

Please enable spell check on Excel for GCC customers. I see it is there in my free hotmail and not in the paid GCC account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Excel in Teams text alignment

Allow for vertical text alignment when veiwing Excel Docs in Teams. Currently if having a table/list using vertical text in an Excel it moves the text and makes the column unreadable.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make information publicly available about sheet name restriction in Excel on the web

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Excel on the web にてシート名の制限についての公開情報が欲しい。
    Make information publicly available about sheet name restriction in Excel on the web

■Description(内容):
    ​Excel デスクトップアプリケーションではシート名の最大数が 31 文字という制限がある旨の公開情報が存在するが、Excel on the web の制限についてのシート名に関する公開情報がありません。
    Excel on the web にて 21 文字以上にすると [ctrl + f] を使用した検索をするとエラーになるため、文字数にデスクトップアプリケーションとは異なる制限があるものと存じます。
    制限の詳細な公開情報を要望します。​

There is public information available that a sheet name is limited to 31 characters for Excel desktop application. But there is no such information about Excel on the web. "Ctrl+F" search in Excel on the web begets an error when the sheet name contains 20 or more characters. So, there must be a restriction to the number…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base