Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get an external URL for a specific cell in an Excel file

In Teams have the ability to get an external URL for a specific cell rather than just the entire excel file. Oftentimes we are trying to point staff to a particular sheet within the file and a cell within that sheet rather than just go to the file and then have to find it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2029 Rule defeats Windows Regional Defaults (using 2016 for PC)

Enable copy/paste of two digit years to arrive in Excel in the desired century (20xx vs. 19xx).

My issue is copy/pasting from another app into Excel where the '2029 Rule' overrides Windows Regional Settings. The rule causes data coming in from another App (e.g., MS Project) to paste as 19xx for any date after 12/31/2029. Though displayed as two digits, the values in the source app stored as four digits. More importantly, regional setting defaults clearly direct the correct interpretation of later two digit dates into the 21st century.

The easiest workaround is to update the source data to display…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Sheet View for files on Box

We would like to have the Sheet View function when editing files by Excel Online on Box.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recover 7z password

Did you lost your 7z file password and know how to recover 7z password Then don’t trouble just Download SysInspire 7z password recovery software which is best way to recover lost 7z Password by using three method dictionary attack ,mass attack and brute force attack. Download demo version after being satisfied purchase full version of the software.

Get the details - https://www.sysinspire.com/7z-password-recovery-software/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Properties that do not reflect in Excel Online

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Excel Onlineだと反映しないプロパティ
    Properties that do not reflect in Excel Online

■Description(内容):
    Excel クライアントアプリケーションでは使用できても、Excel Online では反映しないプロパティがいくつかあるため、機能の拡充を希望します。

There are several properties that are not reflected in Excel Online even if they can be used in the Excel desktop client application, so please improve on this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Track Changes

Can you add the Track Changes option in the WEB version?

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to hide the “Download as ODS” item

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    [ODS としてダウンロード]項目を非表示にしたい
    I want to hide the “Download as ODS” item

■Description(内容):
    Excel Online にて、名前を付けて保存をする際の [ODS としてダウンロード] を非表示とする機能の実装を希望します。
    本項目が表示されていることにより、意図しない形式でファイルが保存されることを回避したいです。

I want to be able to hide the “Download as ODS” option when using ‘Save as...’ on Excel Online.
    This is to avoid having users accidentally save files in the wrong format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A More diversed pallet of Cell Colors

A More diversed pallet of Cell Colors

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. open with excel desktop application by default

I want to open the uploaded excel file with excel desktop application by default,
    so when I click on excel file in MS Teams it should open with excel desktop application by default

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default to specific worksheet

Without having to use macros, be able to configure a specific worksheet to be the default, to always be the worksheet displayed when first opening the workbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hyperlink on single words like google sheets, formatting, and hyperlink interface file directory with link

1. URL can be linked to single words in google sheets, thus allowing to click the cell without navigation, or better looking format.

2. conditional formatting if it cell contains hyperlink, to prevent other conditional formatting from undoing the normal hyperlink formatting

3. the hyperlink interface that can look at files like in the desktop. But use the URL link instead of file Path link. So folder can move and not break linking and open correctly from all interfaces (instead of thinking its a download if done wrong)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Workbook Links Excel 365 on the web

Dear All,

I am user of Excel 365 web. I would like to connect (link) two excel files, both files are in my OneDrive. I would like to do this in Excel 365 web. I tried this procedure:

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-brings-support-for-external-workbook-links-to-excel-on-the-web/

But it doesn't work.

Karol

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need a button in the ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar for "Center Across Selection"

Merging cells makes copying and pasting of those cells difficult, so I almost never merge cells. Instead, I use "Center Across Selection" extensively, but it requires 4 mouse clicks or 9 keyboard clicks. Please provide a standard button for this in the ribbon, or at least a command icon that I can add to my Quick Access Toolbar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. bind office script to events

bind custom functions written with office scripts to events such as "onChanged" as described in the documentation for addins:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/excel/excel-add-ins-events

it's essential to enable automation

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently, events APIs are not supported within Office Scripts. One of the main reason is that events can be long running and scripts have a defined start and end points. Unlike an add-in, the script doesn’t stay in the background to listen in and act on the events.
    Could you please let us know how you’d utilize events API support? That will definitely help us understand the requirement better.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Die Ausrichtung der Schrift/Zelle

Die Ausrichtung der Schrift/Zelle sollte ein Muss in Excel für das Web sein!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. radio buttons

Radio buttons don't work and are not visible in online version. If file is uploaded to sharepoint there's only empty area where radio buttons are. If fsharepoint file is downloaded then again, the radio buttons are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Power query metadata in VBA

It would be nice to have metadata from a PowerQuery table. The text encoding, recordcount, list of fields and data types, the table as a recordset, etc. There is Binary.InferContentType, and separate queries can return headers etc but IMO it would be better to surface them as Query properties.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base