Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. excel: pls expand formula bar

excel: pls make the formula bar expandable like in the desktop version

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add sparkline charts to excel online web.

add sparkline charts to excel online web version.
    The online web version should be exactly like the desktop downloaded version of the program!!! all options should be available. Update the online version properly

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel stocks data type tab

Hi I was wondering if you could add the following to the drop down boxes on the Excel Stocks Tab

Year open or YTD yield
    200 SMA value
    50 SMA value
    20 SMA value
    Bollenger Band amt
    RSI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a better way to display dates in a pivot table drill down result

I use pivot tables daily and often have to drill down into the data to understand some additional details or context but one annoying 'feature' is that the date column is never expanded to display the whole date.

Please could this be looked at as it is very frustrating to have to resize the field every singe time I drill down.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use Office Scripts to change the source data for pivot table

We should be able to use office scripts to adjust the source data for pivot table

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Function to check history of users editing in Excel Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Excel Online 編集ユーザーの履歴を確認できる機能の実装
    Function to check history of users editing in Excel Online

■Description(内容):
    Excel Online 編集ユーザーの履歴を確認できる機能の実装を希望

Please add a function to check history of users editing in Excel Online.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Find and replace should have the option to modify the color of the text and fill again

I used to be able to use the find and replace all tool to quickly make changes to not only the data in multiple cells, but also the color of the text and fill color. Now I have to manually change every cell to do so, which is time consuming and irritating!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow named cell in on-line version

allow named cell in on-line version

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to Enable New Simplified API

Who gets to preview it? When will it come out of Preview (been almost a year)? Will it be available in Excel online? Is a special license required? I'm using the free Excel online.

If i create a script containing the following:

function main(workbook: ExcelScript.Workbook) {
      // Your code goes here
    }
    i just get an error "Cannot find namespace 'ExcelScript'." Can i enable this by adding something to the Libraries tab?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. full parity between Power Query from Power BI and Power Query Excel

Power BI always gets new M functions and features first. The Power Query editor in Excel however, lacks behind a lot. Many functions that are generally available in Power BI desktop never make it to Power Query Excel.

for example: the M function Html.Table has been available more that 2 years in Power BI desktop. But sadly still isn't supported in Excel 365.

Please make all functions and features of the Power Query editor in the free software "power BI desktop" also available in the paid subscription of "Excel 365".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Undo automatic formatting

We require "undo auto-formatting" function at excel on web. Every time we enter email address, it turned a hyperlink automatically. And when we double click the cell as normal edition behavior, it doesn't allow editing but open the link directly. Hope this function can be improved and be more convenient to users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The right click Show/Hide Field List option on a pivot table is not saving.

The right click Show/Hide Field List on a pivot table does not save. My field list keeps coming back, even though I have set it to Hide.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Embed code for individual charts

Have an option to create an embed code for individual charts so they can be shared to Sway or webpage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Office scripts on the Home/Personal version of Office 365

I need to learn Office/Excel scripts for work, so that I can update some older spreadsheets that are programmed with VBA. However I do not have the time at work. I would like to be able to play with this at home - I have a personal office 365 subscription, but cannot access the automate tab.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Fuzzy Lookup Add-in to the Office Store

The Excel Add-in was developed by the Microsoft research team and is available for download in the Microsoft Download center for installation to the desktop Excel version. However, this add-in is not available in Microsoft 365 apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "Name a Range" function to Excel for the web

One of the best functions in Excel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Update workbook external-source data automatically

we have a master workbook which linked some external workbook cells with "=()" function. We are using powerBI to get data from the master workbook for visualization, but data doesn't get refreshed until we open the master workbook. Hope the data can be refreshed without having to open the master excel workbook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Online excel should be capable of at least opening password protected files, inter-linked excel workbooks, macro enabled workbooks

Online excel should be capable of at least opening password protected files, inter-linked excel workbooks, macro enabled workbooks

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base