Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make One Drive more competitive with Google Drive.

I wrote a 10 Year Program for our Company in Excel. Now Google Drive has it's own "numbers program" so excel isn't compatible. Each week I download 100 excel files from Google Drive and have to open each one and close it selecting the SAVE button so the Master Excel file will see the individual files and populate the formulas. Tried using One Drive but it's half as fast as Google Drive. My staff complains if someone else logs into something they are working on it all freezes up.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There can be an undo function for certain time. For eg. undo before 30 minutes or 10 minutes etc.

There can be an undo function for certain time. For eg. undo before 30 minutes or 10 minutes etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Self-grading and Reporting/Analytics Options for Excel Survey

For those teachers using Excel Survey as a quiz tool, have a self-grading component optional. Also, have a nice data visualization/reporting piece built in that leverages Excel's capabilities

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Force check in documents for web editing.

Give the option to override a document that is checked out for editing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. All Excel Charts Should Support for SSAS

Enhance all chart types to support SSAS/Power Pivot

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

6. Please make LINEST work even when some cells are blank

Often, I have several sequences of data, of different lengths, that I put into a table. I use LINEST to perform a quadratic regression, but because it refuses to work if blank cells exist, I have to manually adjust the ranges for each column. If LINEST simply ignored any blank cells for its calculations, I could autofill the entire row of LINEST regressions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There should be an option for paste special for the visible cells.

There should be an option for paste special for the visible cells.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. R1C1 Format

Hi, one of the things I would like to see added to excel online is the ability to use the r1c1 format for rows and columns as it is something that Google sheets doesn't do that I personally find very attractive about MS excel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a clear filter button for all filters on the sheet as you can have with excel

means if previous person has used filters and left them, easy to un-filter the table rather than try and see what was filtered and then un-filter it.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add / Edit charts online

One of those things that are badly missing online is the ability to add and edit charts in Word.
    In my opinion, add/edit charts is the simplest way to create compelling documents that look good and are easy to share/edit with anyone without going through Excel which some users a really not very much used to, especially at the C-level.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

12. please give a sheetwise sharing option, there is only a work sharing option in Excel online.

i have an idea that please give sheetwise sharing option in online excel, there is a whole workbook sharing option, but don't have a sheetwise sharing option in the same.

Google Docs have the ability to do so. they have given the protect sheet option to restrict other used of the doc to edit. they can only see the document..

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Primary and Secondary Sorts

I teach Computer Skills and Applications and Excel is a program that I use, however, with Excel Online I am not able to preform a primary AND secondary sort. I am not sure if I am missing something or if the function is not there. I see sort but can only sort in ascending or descending order. I would love to be able to do this using Excel Online.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Resolve the issue of numbers being truncated

When entering long numbers in a cell, regardless of the formatting, the number will always be truncated after saving the workbook and closing it. Upon opening it again the cell/s default to 'Scientific' formatting, consequently the original format is lost and renders the data in the cell unusable.

I have to add a lot of barcodes for products into csv files and upload them to a server, but if I close the file prior to uploading, this truncating issue occurs and causes a big problem with the product's codes and subsequently cause other major issues, such as making product purchases…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More function like in Ms. Excel Windows

Hi Microsoft.
    The Files either it's Ms. Word or Powerpoint and especially Ms. Excel should be the same like its original. Because if it were supposed to be updated, there were some changes, like the column , texts , and spaces.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Open Online" when i download a file from E-Mail

when i download a file from mail, i have to transfer it to Onedrive before i can actualy open it online, i would love an option to actualy open online from the get go and choose if yes or no i want to save it to onedrive afterward.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. excel survey - collect identity and some themes

Some requests for the Excel Survey tool
    1) automatically collect identity (if user logged in) and add option to only collect one response per logged-in user. The identity will be written to one of the columns but add option to decide whether the identity should be shown. Maybe we want an anonymous survey with only one response per person.

2) actually that suggests a second request - add an option to force the login so this can't be submitted anonymously

3) add some themes, color, icons, graphics. Quick stuff - which will allow competition with google forms.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show formulas

This option would allow you to toggle seeing formulas in cells rather than their calculated values.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More keyboard shortcuts

If you vote for this one, let us know which keyboard shortcuts you'd like us to add!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for equations using the equation editor to reference values of cells

The idea is that as users change the values of cells, the values within an equation object will change accordingly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base