Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CELL function added to online

In the desktop version of excel,

=MID(CELL("filename",$A$1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",$A$1))+1,255)

is the only way to find the current sheet name. On Excel Online, the function CELL does not work.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move ribbon bar pin and up-caret to the menu bar to make them always visible.

Move the ribbon bar pin and up-caret to the menu bar to make them always visible to the user. Otherwise, the user needs to adjust the browser's zoom level often to see the show/hide ribbon bar view.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. let me delete cells and shift up in a table

let me delete cells and shift up in a table

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I wish I could talk to the person editing my document whilst they are editing it.

If there was a small icon of the person editing my document and there was an option to chat with them which could appear on the side of the document. so while they are editing, I could ask them questions and get a response straightaway, that would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Users need to default to Excel Online or the full Excel. Time is wasted telling my sheet is too complex.

Double clicking an xlsx file opens Excel Online. Then it tells me the used features are not available. Then I have to reload it all again to do my work. This wastes a lot of loading time.

I want to set my default to always use the full Excel on my own laptop since I use lots of Macros and advanced functions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Explore function like in Google Sheets

Feature to ask a question about our data, without typing any formula. See Google Sheet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sparkline like google sheet

It would be great if there is feature of sparkline like google sheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Survey option is very good, but please improve the aesthetics

Survey option is very good, but the aesthetics are not so good. It would also be nice to have lots of customizable features, sort of like Google Forms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More functionality, why am i restricted to one color table

simple, give it all functionalities that excel has

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. fix spread excel

when I update spread sheet and close it out completely they try to open master copy then it shouldn't tell me that I have it locked when I triple checked and don't even have any excel programs open. please fix this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. review feature please? For editing and suggesting with approver functionality for author

Ability to edit and suggest in the doc for easier collaboration. Google is ahead here

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar

I would like you to consider an Australian calendar on this site , there are millions of Australians who use a calendar. We use the Christian calendar in Australia which starts on SUNDAY (the first working day of the week) , and ends on Saturday (the last day of the week).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to change setting in excel in the online version

The default configuration for numbers are with dot (.), but some countries has by default the coma (,)
    Add simple data numbers in online version is easier if you allow this feature.
    BR

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. do not save automatically

do not save automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download or save excel online.

You can't "save-as" and you can't download when you open a file via an emailed link from a guest. Can't copy into desktop excel app as the data set it too large. The capability to export is there, just not accessible when it's online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Download or save excel online.

You can't "save-as" and you can't download when you open a file via an emailed link. Can't copy into desktop excel app as the data set it too large. The capability to export is there, just not accessible when it's online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. While copying and paste excel sheet on online sheet, formulas are not reflecting in online sheet

While copying and paste excel sheet on online sheet, formulas are not reflecting in online sheet

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. the size of workbook in excel online shouldn't be limited under 5mb,we users clapsed once file exceed

the size of workbook in excel online shouldn't be limited under 5mb,we users collapsed once file exceed

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base