Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow pasting larger amounts of data into Excel Online

This 100k limit is very inconvenient and small. We are trying to migrate our users from Google Sheets to Excel Online and SharePoint. They regularly paste 4000+ lines of data at a time from Excel desktop to Google Sheets, and it works no problem.
    With Excel online they are going to have to break it down into selections of 500 or so. Very time consuming for what we are trying to do. How can we get this limit raised?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more feature than google Excel onle doc -create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 20

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 2016 You are subscribed to this thread

Hello All,

My question is specific to Office 365 online excel 2016 version-

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel.

How to create an external reference between Office 365 online excel and online Word.

So my requirement is if I change cell value in one office online excel cell then it should updated all places ether in Office 365 online excel or in Office 365 online word (where…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel online support for text boxes

We want to add instructions to an Excel sheet. Excel Online does not provide that ability of adding text boxes we would use for instructions and other data for users.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Users need to default to Excel Online or the full Excel. Time is wasted telling my sheet is too complex.

Double clicking an xlsx file opens excel Online. They it tells me used features are not available. Then I have to reload it all again to do my work.
    I want to set my default to always use the full excel on my own laptop since I use lots of Macros and advanced functions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve large workbook compatibility and reliability with Excel Online for Coauthors

I would like to request that more development of large multi co authored files be done to improve reliability, functionality and editing. Where files are heavily used and regularly hit the 500 version limit, issues come through with blocky jittery scrolling, loss of data entered in fields, slow loading, non saving etc.... Please fix these issues to make excel online a real beneficial tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create the ability to edit Excel on the SharePoint Page directly.

I hope we can edit the Excel (or Word) directly on the SharePoint Page.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently it is not possible to filter the lines with an option to leave the sheet unfiltered for the users. This would improve excel a lot.

Currently it is not possible to filter the lines with an option to leave the sheet unfiltered for the users. This would improve excel a lot and would enable more convenient cooperation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. layout

make a simpler layout

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When editing online show the user that has the sheet locked.

When editing online show the user that has the sheet locked.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Advanced sort

When will you guys be adding advance sort to Excel Online like you currently have in regular Excel? It is a very useful feature and there are many post relating to this issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notify on Checked out documents

Is there a way to notify the user who has checked the excel document out? Or instead, you can notify someone regarding who has checked out

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Insert Symbol

It would be great if you could insert symbols and special characters like you can in the desktop version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create list view of excel sheets for excel online and add option to change sheet colors

Expand Excel online capabilities allowing sheet colors to be changed and opting for a list view of the sheets. It is tiresome to click through pages of sheets.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Message to user who has spreadsheet locked.

When another user has the worksheet locked, be able to send a message within the system to alert them to unlock.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to reference a cell in another sheet with a simple click (like the desktop version)

In the desktop version of excel, I can reference a cell from another sheet in my formula simply by clicking to that tab and cell. For example to make ='Sheet2'!A1 , I simply have to hit "=" and then click to the tab and cell I want in the formula.

In Excel Online, it is not as user friendly. In order to achieve that reference in a formula, I would need to type out the entire formula, in the process clicking back and forth to remember which cell I am referencing.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let the link for accessing an Excel Online form work for the iOS.

I have a link for using an Excel survey form; however, it only works on my PC and through browsers. It doesn't work for the iOS though.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hope can add different color(text in the same cell)

Hope can add different color(text in the same cell)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please let me know who has the excel sheet checked out instead of just telling me it is checked out.

please let me know who has the excel sheet checked out instead of just telling me it is checked out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit pay layout in Excel Online

Allow us to make page edits online. The print area and page layout at a minimum.

I have a workbook with multiple pages. When I edit one page, it is the only page that downloads and I cannot upload it after an edit easily.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add different type of regression lines you can use when you select a scatter chart

add different type of regression lines you can use when you select a scatter chart

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base