Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Direct Theme for Addition , Multiplication And Other necessary mathematical Formulas.

Make Direct Theme for Addition , Multiplication And Other necessary mathematical Formulas.

I am Saying About Theme Not a Formula.

Make theme With use of Formulas. Like Calculator,

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need better looking interface

Things looks too white. More specifically, the scroll bar at the bottom of the page is all white and light gray. Very similar and really hard to see/differentiate where the scroll bar is.Add some darker colors.

Also, having a move/hand tool on the fly -- kind of how Adobe has it across most of its products where by pressing the space-bar and the cursor becomes a move tool. Very handy to navigate through wide pages, rather than using the scroll bars.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can we please get working check boxes in excel online

it would be totally awesome if I created a doc in MS Excel and checkboxes showed would show up on the online version.

I manage room rentals and checkboxes are a fast way to manage payment. it looks nice on my desktop, but then I take it to the online veirseon.. they just get cut out. is there a way you could allow them to appear, even if they aren't usable.

Below is my document if you would like to see what i mean

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It sucks and it doesnt work

Excel Sucks and its ticking me off. I need someone to come down here and fix the dumb thing ASAP

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel files to PDF's sharing

It would be great if we can share/send excel file's as PDF's with our colleagues.

Also, it would be wonderful if I was able to save a file right on to my computer. The tab is there, but it doesn't work for some reason... "save file on to computer"

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy as table - Excel Online

Copy in Excel and paste in e.g. Outlook or webmail gives a table.
    Copy in Excel Online and paste in similar just gives a mess of text. It apparently copies text in TSV format to the clipboard. This produces content that is so ugly as to be unusable.

Please make a 'Copy as <pretty>' available. So probably putting a HTML format onto the clipboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please create option to receive notifications anytime a spreadsheet was edited. I see this currently for folders but not for individual spre

Please create option to receive notifications anytime a spreadsheet was edited. I see this currently for folders but not for individual spreadsheets (Google has this feature and it is tremendously helpful). Also a running revision history would be helpful to show all persons who edited the sheet, then when you click on that person's revision, it highlights where they made the revisions (also another feature that Google docs has).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office suite is a tool from Microsoft, still Google sheets are better than online Excel Sheet, please work on it and make it upto the mark.

Office suite is a tool from Microsoft, still Google sheets are better than online Excel Sheet, please work on it and make it upto the mark.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. List of access users

An overview who has access to the document, where you can add/remove users ad see who has been viewing/editing at what time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi, Excel online must have undo button in case of something pressed by mistake.Pl consider to add this feature.

Hi, Excel online must have undo button in case of something pressed by mistake.Pl consider to add this feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need a Refresh graphs option

The graphs from the excel form do not update based on direct edits within the excel table. The refresh option leads to an error message

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Move ribbon bar pin and up-caret to the menu bar to make them always visible.

Move the ribbon bar pin and up-caret to the menu bar to make them always visible to the user. Otherwise, the user needs to adjust the browser's zoom level often to see the show/hide ribbon bar view.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. let me delete cells and shift up in a table

let me delete cells and shift up in a table

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I wish I could talk to the person editing my document whilst they are editing it.

If there was a small icon of the person editing my document and there was an option to chat with them which could appear on the side of the document. so while they are editing, I could ask them questions and get a response straightaway, that would be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Users need to default to Excel Online or the full Excel. Time is wasted telling my sheet is too complex.

Double clicking an xlsx file opens Excel Online. Then it tells me the used features are not available. Then I have to reload it all again to do my work. This wastes a lot of loading time.

I want to set my default to always use the full Excel on my own laptop since I use lots of Macros and advanced functions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

Redo (ctrl+Y) does not work

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Explore function like in Google Sheets

Feature to ask a question about our data, without typing any formula. See Google Sheet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sparkline like google sheet

It would be great if there is feature of sparkline like google sheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Survey option is very good, but please improve the aesthetics

Survey option is very good, but the aesthetics are not so good. It would also be nice to have lots of customizable features, sort of like Google Forms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More functionality, why am i restricted to one color table

simple, give it all functionalities that excel has

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)