Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Support for Shapes

For over two years now Excel Online has failed to support Shapes added in the Excel Desktop and this is major issue for many applications and document workflow.

The compromise put in place by Microsoft is dysfunctional because Shapes cannot be Viewed or Edited in Excel Online and it forces users to either:

1. Create a copy of the file to Edit Online (strips Shapes) > now we have two different Versions!

2. Open the Excel Document in Excel Desktop

I suggest at a minimum, that Shapes can be viewed and cell links to Shape text is updated if used.

Ultimately, the…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded

I am happy to announce that shapes can now be viewed! 
    Enabling shapes for editing and insert shapes is on our backlog.
    Thank you all for voting and influencing Excel Online priorities.
    Keep voting for other ideas you want the product team to address.

Thanks,
    Tamar [MSFT]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base