Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. absent sparkline in online Excel

Online Excel doesn't provide sparklines. Sparklines are used in Excel, compact, informative, and just darn useful. Under Insert can sparklines be made available. I tend to not use Excel online since my Excel spreadsheets lose function.

Thank you, Terry Wright

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel Online needs Sparklines

Students are expected to work with Excel and finish their assignments. I (and many others) have a Mac. I use Office 365 online and am STILL unable to finish my assignment because I cannot insert sparklines. This is very frustrating. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 194 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for your continued suggestions and votes. We’re currently rolling out a format task pane for charts and are investigating incorporating this feature as we continue to support more formatting capabilities on Excel Web.

Thanks!
    Auston, [MSFT]

4. Excel Online should allow the users to select multiple rages at once

I tried selecting two ranges to insert in a chart and it would only allow me to use one range. I think the user should be able to use multiple ranges at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embedding maps on sharepoint is still an issue

Embedding maps on MS Teams and Sharepoint is still an issue (has something to do with the online version of excel)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chart/graphing capability expansion.

Stack histogram with average bar and whiskers/dots showing data range. Plus a quicker way of highlighting a specific data subset in a series e.g. sales of shoes by brand and size but you want to be able to highlight a specific brand without

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add box plots as one of the charts

Box plots are commonly used to compare data. Please make Box plots one of the embedded charts in Excel. I've used the stacked bar chart to create a box plot but it is very time consuming.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. need to add chart design when using browser Excel 365.

Need to add chart design option, when using 365 excel on the Microsoft browser application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let us re-size web parts.

Let us re-size web parts. For example; I upload an excel file and display a chart on my page, this chart has it's own scroll bar because it doesn't fit in the 1/3 of the page section Sharepoint allows it!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel Online - Be able to change colors on Excel graphs

I am using graphs on Excel for a school project, but I need the data points to cut off at a certain spot, so I use the 2 bars overlayed one, but they are both the same exact color.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow users to imput dates and time of service as appropriate. Do not continue to delete evening groups.

Allow users to imput their groups dates and times as they deem appropriate. I conduct evening groups only. Your system allows for only day groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Graphs come out messy with blank cells.

I have a data set that covers 3 months for clarity there are blank rows between each month. Excel treats these blanks as zero data points instead of just ignoring them, That make the graph very messy to look at. If Excel ignored any rows without a data point in the H index column ( like Google Sheets does) the graph would look nicer. Also do the same thing with blank cells in the V axis, you just have a brake in line instead of the line dropping to 0 them back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. what is wrong with scroling? old excel 2003 works floles. why is so sticky?

what is wrong with scroling? old excel 2003 works floles. why is so sticky?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add a trending line button

i have an entire semester using old software because I can't find the dam trendline on the new office software. where the **** is that dam thing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base