Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel for my desktop computer is too expensive!! I dont know if im looking at the wrong app or whats the matter, but i think 130 dls for Exc

Excel for my desktop computer is too expensive!! I don't know if I'm looking at the wrong app or what's the matter, but I think 130 dls for Excel is too much!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. larger number support

Excel is still stuck in the 1990's as far as number support. Numbers greater than 15 digits lose subsequent digits. DEC2HEX, HEX2DEC and the whole family of related functions can't handle larger values (over ~5bytes). I find that I have to use Windows Calculator to do these more complex values -- it's hard when the free calculator has greater range than what should be a premiere calculation tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flash Fill wants an example submitted, but does not allow you to enter anything! Iwant to fill a series of dates.

explain how to function with the stuff you put out. You have really screwed things up! I need to put together a file and send it to my doctor. I am unable to do so now.
    My IDEA is to re-think this whole thing! PS: Your "terms of service" are not for the user, they are to protect you rear end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the Regional Settings mess

A lot of people are having issues with Excel Online regional settings, whether it comes to dates or formulas language.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/how-to-set-excel-online-regional-settings/76c7a892-7d00-4969-9561-7455a5e1307a
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-online-2-languages-in-excel-simultaniously/4622503d-2d27-407c-87bb-a9896cb44bfa
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-online-defaulting-to-american-date-input/f49951e7-df0b-4f7c-98e6-4c18fd52c347
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/excel-online-change-regional-settings/47288141-f3bb-4451-830e-a82de31c6813

(just a few examples)

Changing the locale of a spreadsheet shouldn't be something so complex that we need to post for help on a forum (to eventually get no answer anyway).

In Google Sheets it goes like Files > Spreadsheet Settings > Language, and that's how simple, straightforward, intuitive and clear it should be. No settings that comes from other settings in another part of the maze of apps from Office 365.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I hate the online excel! Hate hate hate it... On the flip side - I love regulary excel :) - Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Idea - Make it work the same as the regular file... Not mind blowing advice, but you did ask :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting to Block Excel Online

I have some complex excel files with Macros and references to other spreadsheets.

They are stored in a Sharepoint portal which exposes them to Excel online.

As soon as somebody opens them in online it breaks the external spreadsheet links and breaks some macros functions.

And since the macro doesn't work in Online would be great to have a slider, Block from Excel online. It would start to load online then see this flag make no changes and force local excel to open and download.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Feedback

Hi - I'm a computer science and information systems major. I work at Ferguson who is a heavy user of your 360, sharepoint and other services. We've recently been going to cloud based storage and I've noticed that everything now opens in the web. Most users would much rather open in the App, rather than the web. It would be nice if there was a way to ALWAYS OPEN IN DESKTOP APP vs having to hit that button everytime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if one could Duplicate sheets with graphics within a workbook

In the installed version of Excel it is very easy to Duplicate a Sheet with graphics in a Workbook, but in the online version it displays an error message, namely: "This version of Microsoft Excel can't duplicate worksheets with: Charts"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. shortcuts are not working if

shortcuts are not working in excel online can you improve in that area.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. List of All Tabs on WorkBook

Can you guys have a list of all tabs per workbook in the lower right-hand corner, (as in Google Sheets), where you select the tab that you want to work on by scrolling to it vertically instead of manually from left to right by clicking the left and right arrows. For use in workbooks where there is more than one sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Graph paper with translucent layers - to make architecture plans, locking graph sizes

Please provide an option to make different locking graph sizes for architecture plans, it would be wonderful if these could be tabs that are translucent to make stacking layers that can be viewed overlapping. Useful for quick idea drafts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enhance online Office apps

MS Office is the best office system, it is streets ahead of anything else.

I prefer cloud-based application and would love for the online versions: Word, PowerPoint, Excel to have much more functionality than at present.

I pay for a OneDrive subscription but use Linux not Windows, therefore it would be great if my paid subscription included a greatly enhanced web-app Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trash the program. It is worthless. I'm going to try to get my money back because this was a total waste.

Trash this . I just bought it. Excel won't even open. Says the file may be corrupted. Well, it wasn't me that corrupted it because I never got it to open. Not sure if the version of Word works or not. I don't care. I'm taking my new laptop back to the store where I bought it. If they won't give me my money back for this piece of they sold me, they can have their laptop back too. I can buy a laptop anywhere but I well NEVER buy this **** again. And why do you ask for our…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base