Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unfreeze Row (Include Button)

Photo included shows the missing option that is available in the installed application. The current functionality thinks in terms of a single-toggled button (same button, on or off). SaaS users might be trained to look for -- at the very least -- a change in wording. An "Unfreeze" option (as with other options) is not available. GUI users may be bettered served with an "unfreeze" option, rather than the current functionality as of Feb-2017, which requires the user to re-click the same button again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we search all sheets for specific data, rather than just the one in view?

Can we search all sheets for specific data, rather than just the one in view?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. READ-ONLY in the Edit in Browser Header

It would be great to see READ-ONLY in the header of the document / spreadsheet when initially pulling up a file to EDIT IN BROWSER

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Vlookup formula loses focus when you lookup between sheets

Vlookup formula loses focus when you lookup between sheets

Doing a lookup between sheet 1 and sheet 2 force the user

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to see cell calcualations in view mode

You currently can't see how the cells are calculated, unless you are in "edit workbook" mode. It would be nice to see how cells are calculated because I need to share a sheet with others so they can see the calculations, but I don't want them to edit the sheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Want to view worksheet tabs

I have a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets (tabs). When using Excel online, I'm only able to see the first worksheet. It would be great to be able to select which worksheet to view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically change to view only mode after certain period of time

Excel online file should be change to view mode after certain time of unactivity

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. set viewable region

Allow the embedded link to see the size of the data set and limit the viewable area to this size only. This way when the excel spreadsheet is viewed it has a clear end to the cells with data in them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When deleting a sheet, please indicate how much data or completed cells it has.

There's a stock popup right now that warns a tab may or may not have data. A counter of data (bytes) or cells with data would be neat for powerusers or for collaboration teams that move through a high number of tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. View sheets in full screen mode much like viewing a Youtube video.

I have a sheet that 6 people can update and I would like the sheet displayed full screen on one of my computer screens permanently as an image with nothing else

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. previous version

There should be a way to minimize the previous versions after it has been selected. It will stay pulled up until the page is refreshed, this can be quite tedious when you have to constantly review documents or just want to verify something in a previous version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stacked worksheet tabs

We are currently experiencing a bug in which the worksheet tabs within excel online are stacked. Instead of just being one row, it instead gives 4 rows of tabs. I have an image but do not see a place to upload the image. We use it as a schedule and having access to many days at a time is quite beneficial.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a link to return to the SharePoint library the file was opened from.

When opened from a SharePoint library users don't know how to get back to the library. Sure, the back button works but a bit of navigation is nice.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Split view

It'd be really nice to be able to enable split view while working on my docs online. This way I'll be able to view two parts of the work sheet at one time.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To add Hard Drive options in Office Online

I think it will be better if added a hard disk drive options which can show the saving documents options like offline ms office's .
    It just only shows one drive option and download to pc option ....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teacher/instructor

I am trying to assess students work I need be able to see formulas and functions used in the cell with out downloading the Excel worksheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base