Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. should support row/column block feature by user

should support row/column block feature by user

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crash when open Excel on One Drive

Crash when open Excel on One Drive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep a record of who document was shared with

It would be great to have a record show of who the documents are shared with

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keep a record of who document was shared with

It would be great to have a record show of who the documents are shared with

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add the resize function to excel, similar to Word

Provide users the ability to easily resize their excel file like they are able to do in on-line Word

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Master spreadsheet

So,I collect a large amount of data, which I would ideally like to be an excel spreadsheet withing an excel spreadsheet. That is a overall spreadsheet which I could split into an annually, which I could analyze monthly or however I choose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Chat" function in Excel

The "Chat" function should open on the recipient's display automatically when a message is sent when both parties are editing a workbook at the same time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel

Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel.

Generally we need to save the file on one-drive first and then go to location and then open the file. If it can save in attachments and open that would make things easy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Lock/Unlocking worksheet ordering.

I am always reordering the worksheets by accident when changing sheets. We should have a way to lock and unlock the worksheet bar to avoid dragging them out of order.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeze bottom worksheets from moving by freeze panes selections

Freeze bottom worksheets from moving, movements caused loss of sequence and hard to follow sheets during meeting

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel online when moving the horizontal scroll bar, often ended up moving the Sheets tab, very annoying.

Excel online when moving the horizontal scroll bar, often ended up moving the Sheets tab, very annoying. Make the space a bit bigger or give us a way to lock down the position of the sheets.

Please ignore my name zxcspam

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sharing using a browser is great but limited.

I'd like to be able to view the document in multiple browsers so i can see multiple tabs of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stop with the prompts

How about this: if the web page is open in my browser, i'm using it. Stop giving me popups I have to click asking me if I'm still using it. im at work having to refer to my workbook for hours on end,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel online doesn't have go to special features

Excel online should have "go to special" features

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Accessibility Mode for Excel as it is in Word

The search in accessibility mode is much easier and it will save a lot of time. It can be turned on and off with a combination of keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Row and column highlighter

Row and column targeting highlighter. I would love a feature that when I point or click on a cell, the entire row and column is highlighted with a
    color that I can choose from a pallet. This feature would confirm when entering values into a specific cell, that you can ensure you are working on the right row or column because often sheets are very large and making sure you enter a value into the right cell can be a problem especially after hours of staring at a spreadsheet with many values. This feature can of course be turned on…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve Excel Viewing in TEAMS

Please fix excel viewing in TEAMS

The file looks so small and there is so much empty space surrounding the chart.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filtras

Manau reiktų leisti vartotojams filtruoti lentelę ERP faile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base