Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add custom view

Adding Custom Views and ability for teams to work in different views at the same time, google sheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want "Excel for the web" to be full screen mode.

click [Full Screen] to show the sheet on full screen.
    Because currently some rows (e.g. URL, browser's tags, Excel logo, file name .....) makes the sheet appearing size small.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One-click start, One-click end button in Excel Tracking sheet

Hi guys,
    thanks so much for the work u guys are actively doing behind the scenes :)
    But I'd like to suggest something very important. As u can see in the attachment, I use a tracking sheet we created in our office using Excel, and we created a lot of tabs at the bottom, so that we can identify certain countries we work with;

But since some time now, we noticed that there was a "one-click" button which was initially there to browse through the pages and get to the last Tab created, but now, that "one-click" button is no…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. side scroll in teams

please allow horizontal scrolling in excel for teams

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow both fixed rows & fixed columns at the same time

Currently the user has the option of choosing a fixed row or a fixed column, but not both. Would be nice to be able to freeze 1st row & 1st column at least.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need style pattern in filling cells

style pattern in filling cells is not visible in Excel Online. It's a problem

We need to access options format cells (number / alignment / font / border / fill / protection)

More features online !

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more capacity to open a file. 5MB is too small for and excell file.

Awesome if you can add more capacity to open files with more than 5MB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Contrasting color for slider bar at the bottom of the worksheets

My worksheet comes in too wide to easily view; have to adjust the visible portion using the slider bar at the bottom of the screen. However, that's about the same color as the background-makes it harder to grab the "active section". Suggest you make the active section (that you need to select w/mouse) a contrast color so it stands out better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. This is the STUPIDEST way to use office. I need to work off my laptop not your web!

This is the STUPIDEST way to use office. I need to work off my laptop not your web!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please allow user to open multiple excel windows in teams

Please allow user to open Mutliple windows in Teams while referring to multiple files/Excel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add a status bar feature in the online excel 2019

Please add a standard status bar on the bottom of the worksheet on hhte online excel 2019 version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tab from worksheet within a Workbook

There was a way to tab from one worksheet to another within the same workbook. What happened to that command

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Whole word search

Excel does not have the ability to search for whole words. I can search with Match Case or Match Entire Cell Content, but not for a whole word. For example, if I want to search for the word 'concur' it will also find 'concurrent'. To my knowledge, there is no way to exclude 'concurrent' from the search results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. HOW DO I DO SOMETHING

HOW DO I ADD A LINE TO SHOW WHAT I'
    VE JUST
    ENTERED>?\

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Same as a large share of Excel users

Bad concept to have Excel LIGHT on the cloud and frustrate the heck out of the desktop users. The interface is cute, but not effective.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If I open 2 excel at the same time, I should not see the ribbon bar twice, just one

If I open 2 excel at the same time, I should not see the ribbon bar twice, just one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base