Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In SharePoint's File Viewer web part, you should be able to change the "view" size of the file you are working with.

In SharePoint's File Viewer web part, you should be able to change the "view" size of the file you are working with. Some spreadsheets are so "wide", the window in the browser cannot accomodate, especially with frozen ranges. Like in excel where you can change the view size, you should be able to do this in the File viewer web app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make opening files in {Excel,Powerpoint,Word} a user-configurable default action

Whenever I open documents on sharepoint, I prefer to open these using the desktop applications.

I'd appreciate if the choice of application (i.e. desktop or office online) is left to the user instead of enforced by aggressive "office online" marketing...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add mutliple window sessions

Allow Teams to have multiple windows open. If you want people to utilize this more, then more windows like Excel windows as most corporate employees use two monitors

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to search the sheets with in one work book

if i have a workbook titled Workbook 3, and within that work book i have 100 different sheets, I would like to be able to search those indiv sheets within Workbook 3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sidescrolling for sheet tabs

Ability to scroll through sheet tabs either with a scrollbar or click/drag/release using the mouse.

I was recently given a file with 140+ sheets (not alphabetized), and realized how unpleasant it was to navigate. Having more than the arrows "scrolling" one at a time would go a long way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. kill it

its useless, just end it so it always open in the native excel software

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. please make it so we can shrink the screen on exel

please make it so we can shrink the screen on exel

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Should have vertical list of sheet's name.

When my file have many sheet. I have a horizontal list to select the sheet i need to see but is too many i must click three dots symbol to show for each until i see the sheet i need. It hard and take more time. So i suggest that we should have a vertiabe list of sheet name when right click on three dots symbol. That's all.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. working in Excel version and on line work sheet match

Need to have the online version match the Excel versions. I have noticed when you have it set up and line up in a certain way in the cells in excel it is good but if you open it up in the online version it is off. If you fix it online then it makes it off in excel version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Simplified Ribbon

Offer the option of a simplified ribbon for excel and powerpoint like the one that is being tested in Word online and is identical to the UWP mobile version of office.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. minimise excel online title bar (not the ribbon bar which you can already minimise)

I would like to minimise the green Excel online title bar (not the ribbon bar which you can already minimise)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable users to hide ribbon bar on Office 365 version, like on desktop versions. Difficult to view on tablets.

The bulky ribbon at the top of the page makes it difficult to use Excel on a tablet or other small screen. The only way to hide it seems to be switching to "read view", which makes it difficult to access the editing tools. Would like option to hide ribbon and hover over it to open, like with desktop version.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. online-read-only mode for excel desktop app

hey dev:), i hope u make read-only mode available for excel desktop app.
    my friend send me a read-only spreadsheet link, but i don't like viewing it on my browser because the numbers' format don't fit with my country standard ("," for decimal, instead of ".")
    this make my work 2 times longer in copying value, that i must modify every cell content.

thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ok

make it more user friendly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. to have split option as normal excel for easy ref. tq

to have split option as normal excel for easy ref. tq

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support “smart” folders in mail inbox like the desktop version of outlook.

Support “smart” folders in mail inbox like the desktop version of outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Formula Bar also visible in 'Read Only' Mode in Excel Online

Hello, when viewing files with Excel Online, the Formula Bar is not present in 'Read Only' Mode. In the cases where the cell content (usually a text) in one cell is too long, it is not possible to read the content without increasing the column width. It is not very hard to exceed the column width with some text, and very annoying. The current version makes the sharing of Excel files filled with text impossible to read for the other users. Please fix this by making the Formula Bar also visible in 'Read only Mode' (copy/paste and ctrl+c/x... disabled is…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base