Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow user to open multiple excel windows in teams

Please allow user to open Mutliple windows in Teams while referring to multiple files/Excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Nested Tables in a Single Cell

Some of the online spreadsheet tools have the ability to nest sheets inside cells which opens up a lot more flexibility at creating groups of information together.

I would like it If you can click on a link within the cell which would open up a table which can have more information that would be directly linked.

Currently you can do this with links to other sheets but if there is a lots of links then there will be a lot of sheets. Maybe even thousands +. So using sheets would be difficult unless there was a better way at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel online when moving the horizontal scroll bar, often ended up moving the Sheets tab, very annoying.

Excel online when moving the horizontal scroll bar, often ended up moving the Sheets tab, very annoying. Make the space a bit bigger or give us a way to lock down the position of the sheets.

Please ignore my name zxcspam

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Row and column highlighter

Row and column targeting highlighter. I would love a feature that when I point or click on a cell, the entire row and column is highlighted with a
    color that I can choose from a pallet. This feature would confirm when entering values into a specific cell, that you can ensure you are working on the right row or column because often sheets are very large and making sure you enter a value into the right cell can be a problem especially after hours of staring at a spreadsheet with many values. This feature can of course be turned on…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If the online version would work at all that would be great.

I'd like it if I could open anything. Excel, pptt, and it would allow me to use it. It does nothing but freeze and stop in the middle. Basically expect only the basic use of this and even that is not working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve filter functionlaity

I would use Excel Online more if the filters worked the same way as in the Desktop version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ctrl End or Ctrl Arrow Down should just make the spreadsheet jump to the end of available data instead of scrolling over all the rows.

I'm working on a spreadsheet with over 7k rows, if I press Ctrl End or Ctrl Down, Excel would happily scroll through all the rows (unnecessarily) and take its time when all I wanted was for it to jump to the last row.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to view and edit Excel Online and other Office365 documents in full screen

It's great to be able to view and edit Office documents in the browser without having to rely on the native applications, but it would greatly improve productivity if the user were able to work on files online in full screen mode, as currently ribbons for both browser and the office web app take up much of the screen real estate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells

Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells - IE the internet bar, tabs, top of the excel doc, all the options and menus and formula bar - If I'm going to use Excel online rather than Excel proper, it's probably because I just want to read something and maybe add comments. But with all the extras at the top and bottom, the working field is very small, so I NEVER use it, and ALWAYS open in full excel... A collapse button would mitigate this, and still be easy to swtch back if a function was needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. excel

please provide the option of header in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to view full cell content in Reading View

If the content of a text cell has not been wrapped, in reading view, there is no easy way to see the content of that cell if it is really long. If you made the Cell content bar visible but not editable that would be massively better, would also allow understanding of formulae used in a cell.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Give an option to Stop Excel from auto centering the screen on a cell that I type in.

Please have allow an option to stop Excel from auto centering the screen on a cell that I type in. It's makes things very unproductive when I need things to fit on 1 screen and as soon as I start typing in a cell on the right side "poof" forget about seeing anything important any where's else on your screen. This may be a feature that some people like but it needs to be something that can be turned off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Lock/Unlocking worksheet ordering.

I am always reordering the worksheets by accident when changing sheets. We should have a way to lock and unlock the worksheet bar to avoid dragging them out of order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow quick access menu bar

Allow the quick access menu bar and ability to add to the quick access bar with right click on an icon on the main menu bar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Excel Viewing in TEAMS

Please fix excel viewing in TEAMS

The file looks so small and there is so much empty space surrounding the chart.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filtering should refresh focus in the document

In Excel Online if we perform a search and afterwards filter for specific fields we are shown the lower part of the Workbook, many times consisting of blank cells.
    Desired behaviour here would be to have the focus in the Workbook shifted towards the top of the Document after performing a Filtering.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Have a file with multiple columns: Number [1..200]; Cities; Status[free busy].
    2. Search for 150. So the focus goes to the lower part of the page.
    3. Filter for one of the Cities.
    4. Filter for free in the 3rd Column.

Result: The focus…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. quick access toolbar excel online

Add a quick access toolbar in Excel online (or any application) where you can pin your favourite commands, functions & buttons. The same as we currently have in the desktop version on Excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shrink the size of the top info banner and the Home, File, Insert, etc.. banners so we can see and use more of the page we are working on.

Please shrink the size of the top info banner and the Home, Insert, File, pop up banners, so we can see more of what we are working on. Would be great if it was more like the original Excel program, but I understand work in progress. There is just too much at the top with limited space to work in atm. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base