Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zoom bar at the bottom right-hand corner. Very handy in the Desktop app, most essential when using Teams to access spreadsheets for meetings

Zoom bar at the bottom right-hand corner. Very handy in the Desktop app, most essential when using Teams to access spreadsheets for meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tab from worksheet within a Workbook

There was a way to tab from one worksheet to another within the same workbook. What happened to that command

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark view for Office documents workspace without changing printout color

Dark view for Office documents workspace without changing printout color.
    Docunents workspace should have a dark view option to allow editing in dark mode without that affecting the colors of the individual documents. (it should be a "View" feature and not a "format"feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. sharing using a browser is great but limited.

I'd like to be able to view the document in multiple browsers so i can see multiple tabs of data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Whole word search

Excel does not have the ability to search for whole words. I can search with Match Case or Match Entire Cell Content, but not for a whole word. For example, if I want to search for the word 'concur' it will also find 'concurrent'. To my knowledge, there is no way to exclude 'concurrent' from the search results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

Enable Full screen mode and zoom slider

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

need ability to resize sheet in excel online and teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Contrasting color for slider bar at the bottom of the worksheets

My worksheet comes in too wide to easily view; have to adjust the visible portion using the slider bar at the bottom of the screen. However, that's about the same color as the background-makes it harder to grab the "active section". Suggest you make the active section (that you need to select w/mouse) a contrast color so it stands out better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Accessibility Mode for Excel as it is in Word

The search in accessibility mode is much easier and it will save a lot of time. It can be turned on and off with a combination of keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keystroke To Switch Tabs

Would like a keyboard-shortcut to move from tab to tab. Currently, mouse is the only way.

I suggest CONTROL-SHIFT-PAGEDOWN, since CONTROL-PAGEDOWN is already used by web-browser tabs.

thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Freeze bottom worksheets from moving by freeze panes selections

Freeze bottom worksheets from moving, movements caused loss of sequence and hard to follow sheets during meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filtras

Manau reiktų leisti vartotojams filtruoti lentelę ERP faile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add the resize function to excel, similar to Word

Provide users the ability to easily resize their excel file like they are able to do in on-line Word

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel

Option to save on onedrive and open in new tab" (for full screen) on for ms-office files like word and excel.

Generally we need to save the file on one-drive first and then go to location and then open the file. If it can save in attachments and open that would make things easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cursor visibility

Please improve the online edition for cursor visibility? We still have a poorly visible cursor (green and has no editable options) in Office Excel 365 due to the restrictions on not allowing Windows schemes it appears. It may seem not to be a problem when looking at a simple sheet. But for very large complex sheet with colour this is major issue. This is a problem for partial colour blindness, and especially where the cursor must be used on coloured sheets. No contrasting colour is applied. Can we have an option to have -
    1). A larger cell cursor line…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Chat" function in Excel

The "Chat" function should open on the recipient's display automatically when a message is sent when both parties are editing a workbook at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

It would be better if a cell with large text can be expanded on double click in the non edit mode also

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. stop with the prompts

How about this: if the web page is open in my browser, i'm using it. Stop giving me popups I have to click asking me if I'm still using it. im at work having to refer to my workbook for hours on end,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when working with document that contains multiple sheets, would be very useful to show all sheets in levels for easy access and navigation

when working with document that contains multiple sheets, would be very useful to allow show all sheets in levels for easy access and navigation between sheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base