Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to lock the display zoom when opening Excel on Office for the web

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Office for the web で Excel を開いた際の画面の拡大率を固定したい。
    I want to lock the display zoom when opening Excel on Office for the web

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online、 OneDrive for Business に保存された Excel ファイルを Office for the web で開くと拡大率が 100% で表示される。
    SharePoint Online からファイルを開いた際に、75% など任意の拡大率で表示できる機能の拡充を要望します。

Excel files on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business will open at 100% zoom when opened in Office on the web.
    Please make it possible to open them at 75% etc. zoom levels when opening from SharePoint Online.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Word Wrap By Default for all cells

Word wrap is not enabled by default. Usually we have to enable it one column at a time or cell at a time. Can we have it enabled by default ? (Option to disable can be there)

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freeze first row in Excel by default

In most spreadsheets the first row is usually headings. Can we have that row frozen by default (of course have undo allowed).
    Save everyone across the world the time to freeze that top row !
    Those that want column and row freeze options can do it manually.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to hide an Office Script created in one Excel Online file from other Excel Online files

I would like the ability to hide an Office Script that I create in one Excel Online file from my other Excel Online files.

And, even more useful: while only scripts created within a file should display by default in that particular file's Script Gallery under the Automate tab, when we select "All My Scripts" (which displays my scripts in the Code Editor pane that opens at the right), it is here that I would like to see all Scripts from all of my Excel files, and from here be able to enable and disable whether a script is available…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel tabs

Excel tabs in teams keep jumping around it would be great to be able to lock the tab order in place.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Side by side in Microsoft Teams

Could you please add the option to view multiple sheets side by side in Microsoft Teams just as you have the option in Excel desktop?

Thanks! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improvements to Excel Web Embedding

Microsoft, you're missing a huge trick!

If you can significantly improve the ability of embedding Excel worksheets/ranges/tables into a website / javascript - with much better navigability across worksheets, it will significantly improve the way I can, and many others (including Governements, Tax Officials, etc.) can present their tutorials (with example calculations that can be interacted with) online.
    I've spent months trying to find a great solution - but I can't find anything, so end up using the clunky excel embed capabilities - which aren't very good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Screen Sharing on Excel

When one of my teammates and myself are on the same excel worksheet, someone has full control of the sheet and the other person is just viewing what I am doing. So when I move to another sheet, the person's excel will automatically follow me where I go on the excel sheet. In a sense screen sharing/screen mirroring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sheet view in online excel not working

Sheet view functionality is amazing as its lets the user create their own private filters without impacting other users view. However if I create multiple sheet views with different filters , most of the time it displays default view regardless of the custom sheet view I select! I want to inform that , it worked perfectly in first day but started showing default filters there after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow user the ability to save a custom view, including the zoom setting and the exact cells in the x,y axis.

When we open the workbook we need to be able to get to a preset View instantly without scrolling, regardless of the view that is seen upon opening. This is different than the ability to save filtered views, although the two options should work together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change cursor/selected cell outline color.

The Green outline isn't always the best color for users and being able to change the outline color used to identify your currently selected cell would help immensely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Sheet View for Collaboration Should Have Option for Document-Wide Sheet View

The sheet view setting is great, however each custom sheet view is restricted to that sheet only. If there was a 'custom document view' then I can preset a view for each employee who uses the spreadsheet.
    (E.G. in this case its for a job list, each sheet is a different client, there is a column called Job Manager, I want a custom filter so that each individual can select the view and only see jobs they manage across the document, rather than selecting on the sheet and changing view each time)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

Default view of excel sheet in 'Reading view'(no edit)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restrict editing sheet views by requiring the view to be saved

Require a sheet view to be saved if someone adds a new filter within an existing sheet view so it doesn't modify the sheet view for everyone.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column"

Add an option to "Freeze up to Selected Column", not only the first column. Also, an option to "Freeze up to Selected Row".

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing

In the view tab, Split is essential but presently it is missing, kindly provide

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can there be a lock option on the worksheets tab?

Can there be a lock option on the worksheets tab? I work in recruiting and use multiple worksheets in a workbook and the tabs keep moving. This slows down my productivity when having to find the tab or relate it back to it's sister tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View Percent

I want to view the sheet with changing the default percentage.

I have a been shared with high Font excessive high Row Height as I have only the viewing rights I cannot see the the sheet properly, hence want to adjust the View Percent

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. expand find/replace search box wider and longer

Add the ability to expand find/replace search box wider and longer. Also, add the ability to set user defined dimensions as default.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to provide a link to a certain cell within online workbook.

Would be nice to be able to provide a link that goes directly to a certain cell within an online workbook. Ex. Need someone to approve a certain item in a large list of items within excel online workbook. Instead of them having to try and find item, link would take them directly to the correct cell and sheet within the workbook.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base