Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. instagram voxa mail adddition foward copy D-TX warrant option delabrate forum wipedikia edition version chart 1099 E

rechart T62-660116VERSION 2.01 CHART 1099 e INSURANCE RATE PROXY#1122 Raymond Lee Boone Jr THROSTON APPLICATION MONITIOR WIPEDIKIA SERVER OPTION DELEGATE PERSONEL

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. could you please include the function to calculate quadratic mean ?

Since you have harmonic and geometric mean calculations in your statistical functions, i suggest you bring on board quadratic mean.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It is possible to add color with using fomulas

It is possible to add color with using fomulas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hyperlink within hyperlink

It would be great if the Worksheet can be programmed as having Hyperlink within Hyperlink, eg;

I have 2x spreadsheet, 1 is the one I steer meeting to the board and other spreadsheet is used by our projects team to update on progress, which has Hyperlink to the supporting documents for the projects. I would like my spreadsheet be able to hyperlink and go straight to the supporting documents.

Is it possible??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. parentheses debugging view in formula bar

Working with functions and formulae nested in parentheses is a huge headache for me. Some kind of indentation/tree view or a means of collapsing (and mouse-dragging) each parentheses pair about within a formula would make it easier to visualise and manipulate the hierarchy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open OneNote on desktop from hyperlink

Clicking on valid hyperlink to a page in OneNote universal app or OneNote 2016 (starting with onenote:#) works fine from Excel on desktop but results in an error message in Excel Online: "Sorry, we couldn't open this link." It would be very handy if this could work without having to modify the links to point to OneNote online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please make LINEST work even when some cells are blank

Often, I have several sequences of data, of different lengths, that I put into a table. I use LINEST to perform a quadratic regression, but because it refuses to work if blank cells exist, I have to manually adjust the ranges for each column. If LINEST simply ignored any blank cells for its calculations, I could autofill the entire row of LINEST regressions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base