Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. arrays

It's probably going too far at this stage to ask for dynamic arrays online, although that would be great, support for CSE array creation is a must asap. Super stuff going on with Windows at the moment but cross-platform compatibility is a nightmare, so anything to help would be much appreciated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want the SPLIT function. Suppose AA $ BBB $ CCCC is entered in cell A1 and you enter the following formula in cell A2: = SPLIT (A1, "$") Y

I want the SPLIT function.
    Suppose AA $ BBB $ CCCC is entered in cell A1 and you enter the following formula in cell A2:
    = SPLIT (A1, "$")
    You can find AA in cell B2, BBB in cell C2 and CCCC in cell D2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show formulas Excel 365

Excel 365 online not very useful without a show formulas method.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. mark cells when they are part of a formula (another cell) on the online version please.

please paste the same functionality of regular excel. When we create a formula, i need to see which other cells is taking in to account and mark them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It needs to be more intelligent so that imported excel workbooks can be imported with full functionality of all of its uses.

It needs to be more intelligent so that imported excel workbooks can be imported with full functionality of all of its uses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. NOW() Function

If I am the editor of a spreadsheet and limit the iterations of the sheet to 1, I can time stamp a cell based on the adjacent cell input. Unfortunately, the time that is stamped is based on the time in what I assume is Seattle WA while I live in the EST zone. Those that share the file with me do not see EST but rather three hours earlier than that. Can we set a default time zone for this purpose?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back the colored boxes in excel formulas

Bring back the colored boxes in excel formulas

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "unsupported auto update for huge excel files", improve update in the related Excel file ,while using Sharepoint locally.

I would like to inform you that the reason for the delayed update in the related Excel file is due to unsupported auto update for huge files and pivot and other main features are not supported in the Online version of Excel. For instance, we have two separate excel files and need to link to each other. For the first time , it is updating , but when we close and open it again, we need to go and update values manually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make more accurate and make it so you can't lose any info during a storm or when pawer goes

Make it so you can check what the differences are between a person's bank statements and what's on the EXCEL screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow it to use cloud computing to power calculatioons

Allow it to use cloud computing power so larger data sets can be analyzed faster (i.e. more than 1 million rows per sheet)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ifblank

Like iferror or ifna, ifblank; ifnum and iftext would help eliminate an additional step while writing formulas

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Formulas and addin not working online / sharepoint

I want to enter time from other parties but the format shown here and if I do in in Excel both looks different

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. RUNNING TOTALS

Extremely useful. I add and use Running Totals virtually ALL the time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Crtl Y - redo action

In excel I often use Crtl+Y for insert an extra row or collum. Please make available in online version or give the option how many collums or rows you like to ad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. in normal Excel you can Ctrl+click on different cells and see the total or average of these cells ...... Excel Online only allows you to seq

In standard Excel you can Ctrl+click and select various cells at random and see the sum or average of these cell value. Online only allows sequential cell selection for this. Is this coming?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. =UNIQUE

Google allows an easy function =unique(A1:A) to automatically exclude duplicate values in a given range or column, and displays the results wherever =unique is entered. There isn't an easy way to do this in excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to reference a cell in another sheet with a simple click (like the desktop version)

In the desktop version of excel, I can reference a cell from another sheet in my formula simply by clicking to that tab and cell. For example to make ='Sheet2'!A1 , I simply have to hit "=" and then click to the tab and cell I want in the formula.

In Excel Online, it is not as user friendly. In order to achieve that reference in a formula, I would need to type out the entire formula, in the process clicking back and forth to remember which cell I am referencing.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more feature than google Excel onle doc -create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 20

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 2016 You are subscribed to this thread

Hello All,

My question is specific to Office 365 online excel 2016 version-

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel.

How to create an external reference between Office 365 online excel and online Word.

So my requirement is if I change cell value in one office online excel cell then it should updated all places ether in Office 365 online excel or in Office 365 online word (where…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base