Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Name management needed

Please port name management to Excel on the web, so that we can name tables and ranges and use the names in formulas.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SUMIF FUNCTION DEPENDING CELL COLOR

Apply when I need to sum a range of cells, only the cells with a selected color

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Either make simple things available like FIND or abolish this whole thing

Either make simple things available like FIND or abolish this whole thing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. ImportHtml formula

Can you please implement ImportHtml formula as well as GoogleSpreadsheet has it?
    It is very comfortable to be able to import tables from the websites and to use them as a data source for our spreadsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Being able to see formulas and click on cells to see a total

When I am viewing in excel on line if I click in a cell I do not see a formula bar, showing what the formula is in the cell. I often highlight several cells to see a total, however this function doesn't seem to be in excel online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. lock

Lock function :To provide a new function for locking the cell. So that the cell could be able to lock or unlock using with the conditions.

In a protected sheet , it will allow the user to unlock /lock and change data in that particular cell with some conditions using formulas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Where is custom sort?

Would really like to have the custom sort feature on the online version.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Summation of cell counts by doing multiple select.

In desktop excel version, summation of numbers is provided after selecting multiple numbered cells at adjacent or non adjacent location. But in case of drive online version we can select adjacent cell but cells at non adjacent location can not be selected hence it does not give the count summation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable the select name for a cell

Enable the select name for a cell

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable VBA for Excel Online

Enable VBA for Excel Online. Others have suggested a scripting language like google sheets has (which is javascript). No, keep it VBA.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Will the new Dyanmic Array features be coming to Excel Online (Sort / Sequence / Filter / Unique etc)

Hi,
    I'vev just heard about the new dynamic array formulas that are coming to Excel very soon (monthly channel).

Sort / Sequence / Filter / Unique etc

Will these also be added to Excel Online? These features are extremely powerful and I would love to utilise these formulas on spreadsheets that I share with my colleagues with.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. YOUR PRODUCT ******* SUCKS

SHUT IT THE **** DOWN!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Insert/Embed object Excel Online.

I would like to be able to attach PDF files

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New Function =SORT(text, ref, [order]) is desperately needed

Ever growing and enhanced business reporting requirements eagerly seek SORT() function in excel. This function will undoubtedly help excel users and significantly improve reporting effectiveness.

This function must follow the same logic that is used by SORT option available in tab under DATA and should be applicable for any type of data (numbers, characters or symbols etc.)

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improving online Excel functions

Hi, i have been using Office 365, the issue with Excel online is that its functions and formulas are not working accurately. while i run sum function and selecting cells one and another so it does not select it, rather then select the whole range.

hope to see fixed this issue.

Regards,

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the time and date to be corrected or the time zone to be adjusted in Excel Online

Not so much an idea as a fix. MS should make it so you can correct your timezone (time and date) within Office Online so time and date related formulas are correct.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Array Formula Creation

Excel Online MUST support array formula creation, not just viewing for this to be feasible long-term.

Just to be clear, I am talking about anything that requires CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

Almost all of my spreadsheets use this functionality. Excel Online is mostly useless to me without this support.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base