Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. count/sum of cells or numbers is not happening, it will be better to add an option,becoz we will be in hurry to update the data

Adding cell or numbers count/sum online will be extra benefit for the users, becoz we struggle a lot for calculations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. administrador de nombres

administrador de nombres tiene alguna opcion para trabajar con esto en la web que en excel ya tengo los nombres pero online no tiene en el menú la opción para trabar en ella me puede colaborar

o como puedo compartir mi archivo excel con otro y tener todas las opciones que trae excel gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize the time zone in a workbook's settings and in the NOW and TODAY functions.

When I use the NOW() function in Excel for desktop, it correctly displays US Central time, which is the time zone my computer is set to. When I use it in a new, blank workbook created in Excel online, it displays it in US Pacific time (my Outlook online settings are set to Central time). When I use it in an online Excel workbook that's shared with my work colleagues in the UK, it displays it in GMT. This seems like it may be a bug that needs to be fixed, but I would also add two suggestions:

1. Within the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Conditional Formatting formulas based on other cells

I would like to format a cell based on the content or formatting of another cell. This would become even more useful if I could apply the same formula to another cell and have the relational cell references remain the same.

Example: If $A1 contains "X", then I would like B1 to be filled red. I should be able to drag the formatting down the column so that all boxes in column B are formatted based on the content of their adjacent A cell.

I did my wedding invitation checklist this way using another online spreadsheet application and it was…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. xlookup

add xlookup formula

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. there should be a shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

shortcut for paste special or an option when you right click the mouse

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mensajes de error

Cuando se realiza una tabla con formato condicional para que notifique ante un error el editor debería ser capaz de poder aclarar porqué su valor cayo fuera de lo deseado

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow drag and drop to be turned off in excel online.

Drag and Drop can be turned off in the desktop version but not in the online version. This can cause many unexpected #ref errors when cells are moved on accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expand lines for formula field

I would like to be able to enlarge to multiple lines the formula field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please allow to 'Create an array formula' in "online excel"

Please allow the user can create the array formula in online excel as well as like ctrl+shift+enter (offline excel).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Online version should have same features alike offline one

Online version should have same features alike the offline one

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy Values (and formulas) and paste the formulas referring to those cells

It would be great to not have to create an equal sign and toggle between tabs; instead, it would be great to just select certain cells and paste the formulas that would refer to those direct cells. So i copy values or formuals in columns A-E, and I paste formulas where each cell I pasted has a formula that refers to those cells

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WE NEED COLUMN J ON THE CAPACITY TABS TO BE ABLE TO GO TO 20 PLEASE

SOME REPS NEED TO ENTER HIGHER NUMBERS OF INVENTORY AND THE SPREADSHEET DOES NOT ALLOW FOR HIGHER THAN 15

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. probably formula function should be available for online excel

IF function not working in online excel but working in local excel. Probably it should be provided for online excel as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Functions and Formulas for Startups

Excel should have functions that allow users to easily calculate:
    Customer Acquisition Costs
    Stickiness Ratio
    Monthly Recurring Revenue (All types)
    Conversion Rate
    Customer Churn Rates
    Lifetime Value
    LTV to CAC Ratio
    Good vs bad churn rates
    Average Order Value
    Lead Generation Rates
    Inventory Turnover
    Classic (Range and Return) Retention Rates
    Cost Per Impressions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When using VLOOKUP, allow table columns to be referenced rather than individual cells

Currently in Excel Online you cannot reference table columns, only individual cells, making VLOOKUP functions difficult at best. The real answer is to put all of Excel 2016 into Excel Online so folks can share the document in real time and have multiple people working on it similar to Google Docs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to easily change the Online Excel formula language

I'm not able to find a way to change Online Excel (Offce 365) formula language (I believe it picked up a standard from my account which I would like to change)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. formula

should have =importrange() formula to get single cell data or more in another excel sheet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base