Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open in desktop app

pressing open in desktop app should not need another pop up for approval to open in desktop app

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

Excell should launch directly without opening the browser

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel online workbook to open a default sheet whenever it is accessed by anyone

> User A opens the Excel Workbook and edit the Sheet 3, saves and closes the Workbook.
    > When user tries to open the same workbook again, he is redirected to Sheet 3 directly.
    > When user B tried to open the same workbook in a different machine, he also gets the same Sheet 3 as a default sheet when opened the workbook.
    > User B edits the Sheet 5, saved and closed workbook.
    > When user B trued to open the same workbook, then he is redirected to Sheet 5 and same redirection is done with user A and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to open excel files online even if it is with unsupported feature.

• Should let us know which particular thing that sets off the unsupported prompt

• Even if there are unsupported features inside the file we should be able to open the file ignoring the unsupported or opening it by creating a copy without the unsupported feature

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please increas file size limits from 5mb to 50 mb to open excel online

when ever try to open open online store excel file its can't open bigger data file because of file size limitaion is 5mb .

so please increase file size to open online excel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opening and saving files

To have access on how to save information of a client and opening it again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it easier to save to computer, not easier to save to the WEB.

Let user determine where user wants to save a file --- like on Excel 2007

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limitation of 50MB should be increased

The limitation of 50MB makes Excel for the web useless for our purpose, it should be increased to at least 400MB, or be made adjustable for the company.

Furthermore is the error message misleading and confusing, it says that the data model is optimized for online viewing and that one can press cancel to view, but it leads to a blank screen.
    It should just say "The report is too big for Excel for the web to open, please open in Excel app", and then a button to open and cancel to go back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TEAM Files

Automatically, unlock a file that another team member has locked after 24 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Teams option - open files by default in desktop apps

Please foresee in Teams the option to open office files (Word, Excel, etc.) by default in the Office application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Encrypted workbook in windows unable to open on a mac

Currently, working from the office and home. At the office we use windows and when i am at home i use a mac. Unfortunately, if i encrypt a workbook in windows, i only have access to read-only the workbook on a mac. I've attached a photo of what windows has access to and missing from mac version. I spoke to someone already and there is nothing that can be done. Case# 1004012456 This would be a very helpful upgrade due to some of us working from both home and work.Hope this is an easy fix. Please advise.

Thank you,
    Edwin

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have three "Document folders" . I have a One Drive, Local PC and Default.

Please provide colorful icon options for External, System and Manual Folders. We should not need to use brute force memory to locate our most recent version of a file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please back to the previous page immediately after opened the excel files on the other screen

Please back to the previous page immediately after opened the excel files on the other screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow online EXCEL 365 workbooks to open at Sheet1!A1 every time or allow us to define it in the URL

Online shared Excel 365 workbooks appear to open to the last cell a user clicked. This is no good if we are trying to display information to a team.

Could you please give us the option to open sharepoint docs at sheet1!A1 as with the desktop Excel.
    or failing that, allow us to specify cell sheet1!A1 in the sharepoint URL to that workbook

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/external-url-link-to-a-specific-cell-in-an-excel/3c5d27e8-ffb9-4a7b-8cf7-5b64ce5b0814

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep Working on Collaboration

After using Office 365, then G Suite, now Office 365 again, you have made some great strides in the online collaboration.

We are frequently running into glitches, however, when opening the synced file from the desktop. Autosave switches to "Off", and we are unable to save new changes to SharePoint without going to the web, then opening the web version to the Desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i COULD NOT DOWNLOAD ANY EXCELL FILE FROM MY EMAIL .I FACE DIFFICULTY USING EXCELL

i COULD NOT DOWNLOAD ANY EXCELL FILE FROM MY EMAIL .I FACE DIFFICULTY USING EXCELL

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I can't get in!

I have to be on Teams for work, but I can't open excel files from Teams in my personal version of Excel. It's infuriating.

Just let me open it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base