Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Office Scripts to the native Excel Application

I understand getting full blown VBA working on the web is extremely unlikely (impossible?).

So - make Office Scripts run on native Excel (and other Office apps). That way we get

1) One common development language across all Microsoft Office applications

2) Support for Javascript/Typescript in native Office.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.

Office native platforms already supports JavaScript/TypeScript for the add-in (extensions) model. The built-in Office Scripts/automation is not yet supported.

We do intend to support Office Scripts across other platforms and hosts. However, the priority and schedules for such expansion in coverage is not yet finalized. We are right now focussed on delivering it for Online platform with Power Automation support. Please stay tuned for future announcements to learn about the coverage.

Thanks,
    Sudhi

2. Enable Office Scripts to refresh Power Query queries

Allow Office Scripts to refresh Power Query queries. It'd be very helpful to automatically refresh data using Power Automate, but that platform cannot currently refresh data.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for providing the feedback. Your input helps us in making the product better.

Reg. Power Query refresh action – yes, this is in our backlog. We don’t yet have an API that can refresh a Power Query. We’re working with the product team to prioritize the API. I don’t have an ETA yet. But, we’ll be monitoring this closely and update our docs once the feature becomes available. Feel free to email me if you need more details.

Thank you,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager
    Suramam@microsoft.com

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base