Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Office Scripts to refresh Power Query queries

Allow Office Scripts to refresh Power Query queries. It'd be very helpful to automatically refresh data using Power Automate, but that platform cannot currently refresh data.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for providing the feedback. Your input helps us in making the product better.

Reg. Power Query refresh action – yes, this is in our backlog. We don’t yet have an API that can refresh a Power Query. We’re working with the product team to prioritize the API. I don’t have an ETA yet. But, we’ll be monitoring this closely and update our docs once the feature becomes available. Feel free to email me if you need more details.

Thank you,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    Program Manager
    Suramam@microsoft.com

2. Office Scripts with Visual Studio Code

I want to use VS Code to Develop Office Scripts, like Office Add-ins.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,
    Thank you for sending Microsoft feedback. Your input is valuable to us and helps improve our products.
    We are in the process of developing VS Code Extension for Office Scripts. We are very curios to hear your feedback when we have the initial version ready for usability testing. Would you be interested in hearing from us on this matter? If so, please email me and I can reach out separately.

Regards,
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam@microsoft.com

3. Add Layout and Subtotal formatting support for PivotTable Hierarchies

I'm trying to create an Office script in Excel Online that formats a PivotTable. I am able to use the PivotLayout interface (and setLayoutType and setSubtotalLocation methods) to format the entire table, but there is no way to format an individual row or column hierarchy.

You can do just that without code in Excel Online by right clicking on a pivot item or row header and using the subtotal and layout menu items that appear. It would be helpful if you could add support for formatting individual row/column hierarchies.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing the feedback.
    This is a known API and recording gap and the team has this in the backlog to be implemented.

If you need further details, please feel free to contact directly.

Thank you
    Sudhi Ramamurthy
    suramam @ microsoft.com

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base