Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pls add TRACK CHANGES capabilities for us to track who changed what (specifically not by versions), in excel online or browser mode.

Pls add TRACK CHANGES capabilities for us to track who changed what (specifically not by versions), in excel online or browser mode.

784 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

197 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a site owner to kick a user out of a file opened in Excel Online

If you have multiple people co-authoring in Excel Online, there are times when you need to open the file in Excel - typically for advanced formatting, etc. If someone has accidentally left the file open in their browser, there is no way to force them out and keeps the file locked. Although not always intentional, it can create a major headache by not being able to simply kick/close out that particular user from editing.

394 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications when file is updated

I would like to know when my OneDrive file that I have shared with someone is updated by that other person.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Accepting Votes  ·  11 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base