Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Present useful error messages

Error: Exception of type 'Microsoft.DataProxy.Exceptions.HybridException' was thrown.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

This does not help me troubleshoot the problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST MAKE EXCEL ONLINE WORK

Excel keeps failing on a near weekly basis. Google Doc Spreadsheets do not. Please make it like their platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload

Please activate Conditional formatting, freezing view like Google offers. The online file gets corrupted often resulting in multiple upload. Franchise/ service support should be made available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Publish Bug tracking of this software

We need to have a public Bug tracking to report issues and see if they are getting worked on. All we see are NEW IDEAS but the existing ones sometimes don't work or there are some bad functional issues that get ignored.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

Can you give more specific steps that you’re trying to do – I’m not sure I follow the issue that you’re raising.

Thanks
    Dan [MS]

7. Disable subscription validation when using Excel off line. It was validated when I installed it and I should be able to use it off line.

Disable subscription validation when using Excel off line. It was validated when I installed it and I should be able to use it off line with all features activated. When I try to use it off line, I get a message that the subscription could not be validated, so most features will not work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Editing a copy online Error

When an error occurs that prevents you from editing a file online. Can the type of unsupported formatting or shapes, or any other unsupported items be highlighted to make easier to suggest if the information can just be removed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I need to be able to choose my Language to use Excel Online, but a can not do it.

Even if it allows me to choose Language, then when opening the application appear again in English.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After making a selection from a drop down list that we created; Excel starts shaking up & down

My team at work, uses Excel in SharePoint for almost everything that we need to track. We've all (16+ people) have been having an issue. While editing Excel in the Browser, it randomly shakes up and down, the best way to describe it is the sheet moves up and down a few rows, really fast). One of my peers noticed the sheet starts 'shaking' after selecting a word in a drop down list of the sheet. To fix the issue, we have to completely close out of the Excel Tracker and then re-open it... Which causes a lot of extra…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make comments in excel be also saved when downloaded to pc

Whenever I download a copy of my online excel file and open it, it says "Excel found unreadable content in <filename>. Do you want to recover.." It doesn't include the comments which is very important to me as they are like my diary, reminding what that was all about.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I cant drage and select whole data sheet by using mouse pointer or cursor

I cant drage and select whole data sheet by using mouse pointer or cursor

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. sometimes making a little bit a problem to open the file.

sometimes it make a little bit a pronlem to open the file. It should need to remove this issue and should give a small attention to the users.
    That's all

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove excel online until it's fixed, why do you hate us?

Just remove it, what's the point in deceiving yourself into thinking it's good or that it's working well. Just remove it and stop the misery

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base