Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi, Excel online must have undo button in case of something pressed by mistake.Pl consider to add this feature.

Hi, Excel online must have undo button in case of something pressed by mistake.Pl consider to add this feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it less confusing

Make it less confusing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS template which has been downloaded from Microsoft Office online. not opening back.

MS template e.g. Budget Chart which has been downloaded from Microsoft Office online. Template is not opening back when I'm opening back through Same office online. Bug is that when I'm opening a file which has been created by an app, the file should open with the same app like xls files open with MS Excel, ppt files opening with MS Powerpoint etc. In this case xlts is not opening with MS Excel Online.

In fact testing to be done like the file formats which are created using the Microsoft online has to open in the respective templates. Trust this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto fill of the above word is not working like excel offline while we using the FREEZPAN in excel online , please take a look on it

Auto fill of the above word is not working like excel offline while we using the FREEZPAN in excel online , please take a look on it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When the Workbook in Excel Online exceeds the file size limit ...

If the Workbook in Excel Online exceeds the file size limit to open it, please let us download it to our hard drive

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shove this online piece of **** up your collective *****.

Shove this online piece of up your collective *. Nothing seems to work correctly, or when it does, it doesn't the next time I try if for some unknown reason. Google was able to create collaborative apps and provide them for free. And now I can't even delete my own document from my own OneDrive location? This is inexcusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 日本語に切り替えたい

日本語に切り替えたい

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fix problem with page up / down scrolling

I hit Page Down and see I'm on line 64; then I hit Page Up and suddenly, I'm on line 14; if I hit Page Down again, it goes back to 64, ad infinitum -- the app skips the several pages in between. If I use the arrow keys, I can get back in control and get to the rows the app was jumping over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It sucks ***!!!!

It sucks *. What is it? A bunch of outsourced foreign programmers making this **??!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Totally bad software, never comes true on expectation. resolve it as soon as you can

Totally bad software, never comes true on expectation. resolve it as soon as you can

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Striketrhough single words

When I try to strikethrough a word in the browser, all the content in the cell gets modified, instead of the word I want. Could you improve this? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. encrypted data for excel sheet not supported on ONE DRIVE

I use one drive for all my work, however wish to encrypt some data on excel and upload, however when uploaded after encryption it not supported

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My last action can't be undo.

When I try to do undo, it gives me an error 'Your last action can't be undone'. Want to know whether this option available in Google extension 'Office Online'.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Since excel is Microsoft tool i thought excel online is far betta than google sheets but now i wud suggest atleast make it lik google sheets

Since excel is Microsoft tool i thought excel online is far betta than google sheets but now i wud suggest atleast make it lik google sheets

copy paste not like google sheets
    filtering can be applied but can't be removed
    locking of file when a user is editing using excel but not excel online
    if there are some shapes and objects in my excel file and i share it with users, new user tries to open the file in excel online then it is creating new file but not opening the same

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How did the file get corrupted.

OUr Excel Files got corrupted How?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Don't show file size limitations while opening in OneDrive. Its so confusing, opening it in Excel and wondering if its saved online or not.

Atleast get inspired by the Google sheets. See how seamlessly it shows up online documents in the browser itself, without any fuss about file size , easy to define permission sets etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Format dates consistently

You can stop Excel INCONSISTENTLY formatting some dates as numbers, some in US format and some in UK format - even within the same column! It makes Excel UTTERLY USELESS, which is why I saved in Open Office format - which Excel online now can't open.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ctrl-Y should redo (repeat) Insert Row, same as in Excel

Ctrl-Y should redo (repeat) Insert Row, same as in Excel

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Correct bug that sets formatting to US when editing online and prevents correct setting of data format - Change to UK but sets to Armenian

The date formatting when editing in Excel online changes the format of a date field to US even though it was set to UK when created offline and uploaded. When you try to change the formatting back to UK, it seems to accept your instruction but the formatting displayed is not the one you chose. If you check the format again, it has been changed to Armenian.
    You have been aware of this bug since July last year and it still hasn't been addressed. This is a huge inconvenience to people in the UK as some dates may have been…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base