Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hi, office 365 has a big problem with web query. All imported data are placed into a single cell

Hi, office 365 has a big problem. All imported data are placed into a single cell. This is a huge problem because it isn't possible to create any web query. I have asked assistance to Microsoft team(by remote control) and they confirm the problem. Please resolve.Thank you in advance. Regards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Help with resolving unsupported features.

Provide background information and helpful ideas for resolving unsupported features. A statment of disabled features and requiring to save/open a version to edit does nothing to facilitate use of application for online editing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. why

why can I have the simple option to insert a header or footer. bs. such a simple feature. online is useless garbage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Regarding for opining of password protected files..

Please arrange some option for opining of password protected files..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use of Filters in Protected worksheets

In protected sheets, Desktop Excel does not allow us to remove Data filters, but just use them. In online Excel, it allows us to remove filters but not reapply filters since the sheet is protected. This is a Bug

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. nahihilo na

excell in dizzy state.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. - key changes focus in a find entry box and causes next characters to type over last cell. (intermittent long term bug)

when I use ctrl-F and am entering something with a - in it the pressing of the - moves me out of the find field and back to typing over the last cell I was on in the spreadsheet. It does not happen every time but it does happen every day. I use several different pc's in different locations. I always am using chrome. It is a consistant issue on all pc's Again it happens about 2-5% of the time... It is not every time the - key is pressed in a find.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel online has no capability to read what is in a cell, if the text overflows the edges of the cell. This basically means Excel online is

Excel online has no capability to read what is in a cell, if the text overflows the edges of the cell. This basically means Excel online is useless and you always need to open the app if you want to read the text in a cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. why is this so difficult? i boiught a new compiter and i cant open a spreadsheet to sqve my soul. why do i havbe to go the web, I already b

why do i have togo the web to open a ile that i had for years..
    I upgraded to a new PC and now nothing works unkless I want to pay you more $$$$

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. STOP FIXING WHAT IS NOT BROKEN.

STOP FIXING WHAT IS NOT BROKEN

YOUR LATEST UPDATED IS THE WORST EVERq!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve excel online error for file > 5mb

The error message in Excel online for file > 5 MB gives optoin to open in desktop or cancel.

Add option to download the file. Most of the time Open in desktop does not work for me, so I firsrt have to download, then open in desktop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent removing Allow Filter Option in protected sheets

I have a protected Excel file on SharePoint with Allow Filter Option. If an of the user press Ctrl+Shift-L the filters get removed automatically and since the file is protected, users are able to reapply the filters again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow selecting hidden cells between freeze pane boundary and next visible row/column

We have a large spreadsheet with freeze panes on to keep the top row and A:K columns visible. Each column to the left of K includes a date in row 1. As the dates pass, we hide the column as the data is typically no longer relevant. See attached example.xlsx. As you can imagine, many years of data results in many hidden columns.

When editing, sometimes we need to unhide the previous week or two. This is no problem in the Excel desktop app. Ctrl-G - goto P:Q - Home tab - Cells - Format - Visibility - Hide &…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Full Functioning

It is not a full functioning program I can't do my job this way and it is driving me nuts I have to work on the old desktop with windows 7 that keep reminding me that it needs to be updated. It runs so slow it takes me twice as long to do anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Data capacity increase

please increase capacity for smoothly work because one excel sheet not applicable for one year in 300 mb

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base