Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. get it to work. Says it's corrupt!

First time trying to use it. It doesn't open!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Name Conflict error

It's very, very annoying to keep receiving the Name Conflict error. Please fix it ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VERY DIFFICULT TO USE - I AM ON HOLD WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT

NOT POSSIBLE TO CERTIFY NOT CLEAR WHAT TO DO AS NOTHING SEEMS TO BE ACCEPTED BY THE APP AS RE CERTIFYING ACCESS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It is useless... just get ride of it. It is good for nothing.

Why you don't make something like a mini excel and discontinue the existing version? It is good for nothing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When timing out allow the user to download the file.

When you timeout it should allow access to the file on the cloud drive and ability to download.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Criteria for hiding tab error is too broad

There is an error message in place to prevent hiding every tab that displays this message:

"The workbook must contain at least one visible worksheet.
    To hide, delete, or duplicate the selected sheet(s), you must first insert a new sheet or unhide a sheet that is already hidden."

This error also comes up when there is only one tab open and you select unhide.
    The only way around this is to open a new tab to unhide the other tabs. I would suggest reviewing the criteria for this error message so that it is not triggered with unhide.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Criteria for hiding tab error is too broad

There is an error message in place to prevent hiding every tab that displays this message:

"The workbook must contain at least one visible worksheet.
    To hide, delete, or duplicate the selected sheet(s), you must first insert a new sheet or unhide a sheet that is already hidden."

This error also comes up when there is only one tab open and you select unhide.
    The only way around this is to open a new tab to unhide the other tabs. I would suggest reviewing the criteria for this error message so that it is not triggered with unhide.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need name of the user who have xls locked,

Can we see who has locked the seet when we are trying to edit the sheet in sharepoint. This will help resolve the issue quickly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved synchronization of MS Office apps between online and desktop versions

Files often become out of sync even when opened by one person.

I have a file that is said to be locked by myself when I have sved and closed all desktop and online versions.

Results in wasted productive time and extra files and memory usage when a new file must be created to replace the file that is "stuck".

Better editing of files online might eliminate the need to download onto desktop (e.g. graphic files do not render the same online as on desktop)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I can't open a file that is "View Only" in On-Line Excel. Have to copy the file using File Explorer to make a copy of the file.

We use files saved in SharePoint as "templates" for various things. The templates are set up as "View Only". If you try to save one to your one drive, it gives an error message or if you try to "Open in the desk top application", it gives an error. The only way I have been able to make a copy of a file like this is to use file explorer to copy the file from SharePoint to a different location, then open using the desk top application! Please fix it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. excel

I had a read only version of Excel up from Teams. I tried to edit the workbook in teams and it informed me I had the workbook locked even though I had a read only version of it opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please delete Excel online. It is completely useless. Thanks.

Please delete Excel online. It is completely useless. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. bad expericne on open excel on desktop

bad expericne on open excel on desktop. Tried many times and not working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base