Remove the ~250 character limit from the header/footer.
The character limit in Excel has been a hinderance and quite a bit of time has been spent looking for a workaround. There are quite a few others who have been running into the same problem.
These suggestions, while useful in some cases, do not work for me and are not ideal.
I am having the same problem. I am not using 250 characters. If I use another font besides Avenir it will allow it. Only when I use Avenir does the error pop up. Please FIX!
Also allow merge of the left, centre and right footers and headers
I only have 50 characters, It accepts them with most fonts but not Avenir or Abadi condensed... VERY bizarre, it's the same text, but with this two fonts (the ones I need) says the string of text is too long... which isn't true. Any ideas?
Adam DT commented
I would have to agree. This definitely needs to get fixed. While there are a ton of workarounds, none of them work and/or are satisfactory enough for my current situation.
I am very hard by limiting character in footer. Please send me the script to extend the limitation. Thank you so much for helping.
Some days ago, I had the same problem,
At the end, I created an image , I put it in the header with
I have the script
Send me an email and i can share you the code
One way to get around this character limit is in the header is to format your top row(s) as your intended header, then go to Page Setup (can be accessed from the Page Layout tab in Excel 2013), go to the Sheet tab, and choose your formatted rows in the "Rows to Repeat at Top" box. This will create a false header, which you can format in any way you choose - no character limits involved!
Douglas Lee commented
I have a footer that is the appropriate size in one spreadsheet. By copying the exact text to another spreadsheet, I run into an error. One of the entries was a date entered as MM/DD/YY which was actually 2 characters shorter in the new footer due to the difference in dates and was now M/D/YY.
I got around this by putting the date token in the footer which populated as M/D/YYYY instead of M/D/YY.
I have used this same footer multiple times without problem. This needs to be fixed.