Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the keyboard shortcuts the same between Excel and Excel online.

In Excel hitting Ctrl Y on the keyboard is the command you can use to create multiple new lines in a spreadsheet. In Excel online the Ctrl Y combination means "redo" Making commands like this between the two would be helpful.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

55 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting and providing feedback on Excel Web keyboard shortcuts.
    We’ve merged all shortcuts related asks into this one.

The Excel team recently added a set of Excel shortcuts to the web version. All available shortcuts can be found in the Help tab → Keyboard shortcuts.
    In addition, with the new ability to override browser shortcuts, you can now use even more Excel shortcuts in this version.

We are still working to address your feedback, and we will appreciate if you can comment here which Excel shortcuts are still missing for you in the web.

Thank you,
    The Excel team.

2. Links between spreadsheets in Excel Online

It would be nice for links between spreadsheets on my One Drive to work.

2,038 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

484 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow me to change regional settings: date formatting (mm/dd/yy, dd/mm/yy), thousands/decimal separators (period vs comma), formula language

Excel Online decides how to show dates and numbers and formulas based on where I live. I want to be able to choose how to display these Excel items. For dates, I might want mm/dd/yyyy, or I might want dd/mm/yyyy. My Excel formulas should be in the language of the application, and not based on where I live.

563 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  95 comments  ·  World Readiness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base