Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter views

When using Google Sheets to collaborate there is a filter view that allows you to set a filter view that only you see. This is very helpful when multiple people are in a file and you don't want to mess with the view everyone else is in. Something similar would make online excel much more user friendly.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert/Embed object Excel Online.

I would like to be able to attach PDF files

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable autofill in excel online

Stop the Autofill in excel online.
    Just give us a button to turn it on or off. I can see how it can be useful, but where I work it's usually just a hindrance and ugly.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Survey sections, headers, and other format options

Excel online surveys need to be able to compete with Google surveys. Really surprised there is no basic formatting and a user can't even add section headers to divide up survey content. Finding it hard to believe nothing like that has been added since Excel online surveys became available years ago...

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make closing chat in online excel an option

We need a button or something of the sort to close the chat box in excel online.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save as PDF

To be able to save as PDF right to Onedrive.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change fill and font colors like previously done in the Desktop app

I'd like to have a variety of colors to choose from when I'm using Excel Online like I could with Desktop Excel.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. excel online : Changer le séparateur décimal pour la France

Pour excel online en France, prévoir l'utilisation du séparateur de décimal "," à partir du clavier numérique (à ce jour, c'est un point et la saisie est considérée comme du texte)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Excel online should have Filter View functionality like Google Drive

Without Filter View, collaborators are constantly seeing their view change as other collaborators filter on their work. This makes what could be a much needed file unusable for more than 2-3 users. In our team of 20+, users have to save local copies to even work with the file. At that point, there isn't much value and its more of a headache than anything. Private filter views where collaborator can work on the document without other users impeding their progress is absolutely necessary

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need to be able to have full Pivot Table function in Excel online.

Excel Online needs to be able to have full Pivot Table functions - we need to use excel online for sharing in the team but are frustrated without the ability to drill down!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. stop excel online

if I click on a excel file, I would like the excel to open in excel and not online. how can I stop excel online. is there a way we can get rid of this online nonsense.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Include PowerPivot with Office 365 for Business

Include Power Pivot with Office 365 for Business subscription

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send notification to user who checked out the Excel. Better use Excel Online

Make user aware that working in Excel Online enables multiple users working/editing on the Excel file. Edit in Excel will lock the file.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add more feature than google Excel onle doc -create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 20

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel 2016 You are subscribed to this thread

Hello All,

My question is specific to Office 365 online excel 2016 version-

How to create an external reference between cells in different workbooks in Office 365 online excel.

How to create an external reference between Office 365 online excel and online Word.

So my requirement is if I change cell value in one office online excel cell then it should updated all places ether in Office 365 online excel or in Office 365 online word (where…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When will the ability to open password protected spreadsheets be available for Excel Online?

We need the ability to open password protected spreadsheets with excel online.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include option to turn off autocomplete in Excel 365

Autocomplete for values already in column is enabled in Excel 365. The feature is often intrusive and causes more work than it saves. There is not an option to turn off this feature.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to notify user who is blocking access that other's need access

When opening a sheet and discovering that the sheet is locked because someone is accessing the sheet with Excel, we should have a button that will notify the user that I am requesting access.

This would encourage a discussion between the Excel and Excel Online user.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support creation/editing of data validation on excel online

Data validation support for excel online will help the publishing of interactive dashboards on sharepoint

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable sorting by different columns

Right now, I am unable to sort the data in Excel Online by a column of my choice. I could be missing where I can do this, but often I need to sort by a column that is not Column A. It would be great if that functionality was added like the Excel for desktop.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base