Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to change the themes in excel online

How to change the themes in excel online

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print preview so able to see what will print on each page

I have a form and want it to be on its own page.... but cannot tell if it overflows onto another page or not, the way program is now

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications in Excel online

Google Sheets has a wonderful feature showing notifications as and when sheet is edited.
    Excel online lacks this feature or its available I'm not aware of !
    Please help.

Sat Arora

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel Online and Mobile Devices

I am writing to request that Excel Online be made to fit a screen on a mobile device from the web browser on said device. I like using Excel Online, however I own an iPhone and I since I like to have first party apps I have Apple's Numbers app installed but not Excel. I only request this because from my iPhone, I cannot access Excel Online to edit an existing document I may have stored on my OneDrive. My thinking is, what if I needed to update, by editing, a document someone sends me with a Excel file format…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. form controls

Form controls for dynamic charts: #1 spinner control, #2 slider/scroll control. Adding form controls to spreadsheets online would practically close the gap to share analysis / scenario spreadsheets. Please add the spinner control (first priority) and secondly the slider / scroll

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’ll consider this for a future release. Please continue to vote on this feature request which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

Could you further comment on the scenarios in which you would used these controls?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

6. Allow cross sheet cell data and formulae

Use data in between sheets, using formula's etc

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Short link to shared documents

It would be nice to have short links to shared documents instead of long ugly links, so we don't need to use external shorteners for internal documents (we should't share links to outside of company).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    info needed  ·  Tamar Tzruya responded

Thank you for your feedback. Short Link is a Host functionality and not specific app functionality. OneDrive Consumer and Box support it. SharePoint and OneDrive for business require using a free SP app or 3rd party tools. Hope this answer your feedback, if not, can you please provide more info?

Tamar [MSFT]

8. Excel Online - Filters and capacity

Excel online doesn't allow users to filter without filtering the document for all rest of users. This is a key feature for shared documents so every user can filter and modify only the desire information without having to scroll or search.
    Also Excel online currently doesn't handle medium/big files. Files with 2.700 KB take long time to open and don't work well.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add developer tab including VBA

Enable a developer tab so that users can add macros and edit the VBA behind them. JavaScript would be nice to be able to use as well.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Name management needed

Please port name management to Excel on the web, so that we can name tables and ranges and use the names in formulas.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel Online Auto Refresh Azure Analysis Services

Excel Desktop PowerPivot Report connected to Azure Analysis Services Tabular model refreshing the data works in Excel Desktop.
    However, when you publish this workbook to Power BI workspace (from the workbook's ribbon menu > File > Publish > Publish To Power BI) then you try to refresh the data in Excel Online it doesn't work!!!

Microsoft should fix this limitation otherwise what's the point of having a refresh capabilities for just Excel Desktop PowerPivot.
    We want our end users to be able to refresh powerpivot reports Online.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to drag and drop columns or rows in Excel. Just like Google Docs spreadsheets.

Ability to drag and drop columns or rows in Excel. Just like Google Docs spreadsheets.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh PowerPivot Data in O365 Excel from External Source

It is frustrating to me that external data refresh is supported in Excel Services in SharePoint but is not supported in Office 365. It is frustrating that to work with any external data you must open the workbook in the desktop client.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    info needed  ·  Anonymous responded

Did you know that you can actually refresh workbooks in Office 365 when you publish them on PowerBI? Try it out at www.powerbi.com

Is that what you were looking for?

If you have specific external sources that you are missing, please provide more specific information

14. Fix sort

Fix sort in Excel Online please - if you select a column, and sort, unlike the PC version there is no prompt to expand the selection. Big problem if workbook is shared with others.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hotkey for Paste Value\Paste formatting

Please add hotkeys for Paste Value\Paste formatting commands

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Advanced filter options

Introducing advanced filters like in Outlook desktop version will be great.
    We have filters for subject, from, to, body, date, attachment filters in outlook.

It is a pain to search using keywords.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Excel online needs to have all the same functions as regular excel.

Excel online needs to have all the same formatting functions as regular excel. Its very frustrating to not be able to format your worksheet or the cells the way you want them to be.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We should be able to work real time in the document with multiple users regardless if they are using the browser or client version....

Realtime collaboration in Excel is key and we cannot be allowed only to collaborate in the browser. Users should be able to choose between browser or client and edit simultaneously in the same way.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base