Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel Survey have a sign in function (one response per user)

In Excel Survey it would be awesome if when we give someone a link to our survey we have the ability to require a username and password before viewing/completing the survey. I think it may improve security of the survey

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We update the experience of Excel Survey with a new experience. Excel Survey will be powered by Microsoft Forms and will be renamed “Forms for Excel”. This update comes with a modern experience to make it simple and easy to collect information into Excel in real-time, with all Microsoft Forms features. You could get more detail form – https://aka.ms/formsforexcel

Zhongzhong [MSFT]

2. Should have vertical list of sheet's name.

When my file have many sheet. I have a horizontal list to select the sheet i need to see but is too many i must click three dots symbol to show for each until i see the sheet i need. It hard and take more time. So i suggest that we should have a vertiabe list of sheet name when right click on three dots symbol. That's all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Happy to announce that the new Sheets menu is now available in Excel for the web.

Thank you for voting and influencing our priorities.
    Keep voting for other ideas you want us to address.

Thanks,
    Excel for the web Team

3. Print survey option

I need a print version of my survey with the multiple choice options ready to be circled or bubbled-in. Most of my class can do the survey/test online but sometimes students have special needs, I have more students than computers, or students who were absent need to do the quiz at a different time/place without online access.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We update the experience of Excel Survey with a new experience. Excel Survey will be powered by Microsoft Forms and will be renamed “Forms for Excel”. This update comes with a modern experience to make it simple and easy to collect information into Excel in real-time, with all Microsoft Forms features. You could get more detail form – https://aka.ms/formsforexcel

Zhongzhong [MSFT]

4. Pivot

It would be great if PivotTable is also included online especially if you have things to modify in the table.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  excelonlineteam responded

Inserting new Pivot Tables in Excel Online is now possible. It is also possible to edit existing Pivot Tables in Excel Online workbooks.

5. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Happy to share, we have implemented split button and remember last action for Font color, Fill color, and Border.
    You are welcome to check it out and provide us feedback through provide feedback in the app.

6. Mobile offline survey ability

In the field of international development there is a great need for a cheap or free way of data collection through mobile devices that allows someone to download a survey to their mobile device when they have internet connection and then complete the survey as many times as desired offline (while in the field) then upload the data when internet connection is available again.

Many developing countries do not have consistent access to the internet. There are companies that provide this ability but all are very expensive and out of reach for lots of development organizations. Lots of businesses need…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. survey time limit

You should be able to create a time limit as to how long the survey will be open to voting

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When inserting an survey in Excel, for the 'choice' option, allow multiple choice selection.

When inserting an survey in Excel, for the 'choice' option, allow multiple choice selection.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do something with all the suggestions we've made about Online Survey. Time days stamp, choose multiple answers, branching.

We need progress on u excel online survey if you expect teachers to use it. Many threads in yammer with loads of comments have been made, but no action in over a year!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. it is would be better in Online Excel by giving a embedding code than giving a URL link

it is would be better in Online Excel by giving a embedding code than giving a URL link. So that we can easily embedding the survey in our websites.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. should allow to copy or duplicates sheets

I'd try to copy one of the sheets but I couldn't fine the How to. :/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce that it is now possible to Duplicate worksheets in Excel Online.

There are still cases where Excel Online will be unable to duplicate a worksheet. Most notably, in case either one of the following is present in the worksheet:

• Images
    • Shapes
    • Charts

Excel Online team is working to resolve these limitations.
    Please continue to leave feedback on the feature, to help us improve.

12. Surveys should allow completion by several users at the same time

Hello!

I have a survey in Sharepoint that I send to all the new subscribers to my site, and I've received several complains for people who are getting an error when filling out the survey because "the file is being modified by another user".

This doesn't make any sense. A survey should allow completion by any number of users concurrently.

I had to move my surveys to Google Docs in the meantime because of this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Survey

Add Excel Surveys to Office 365 Groups.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Online survey (form) - add header graphic and footer, or at least a text description as a question type

Insert a graphic to a header and also have the option of choosing to insert a text description so that we can format sections or add instructions. Page breaks would be nice too, for those long surveys.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Embedded SharePoint Online Excel file doesn't display horizontal scrollbar

When embedding a Excel online file into normal CSS webpage using codes, Online Excel file doesn't display horizontal scrollbar.
    The only way to get to the data to the right of the view port is to click on a cell and then use the right arrow key to scroll to the right.

Codes referenced from this official article.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/embed-your-excel-workbook-on-your-web-page-or-blog-from-sharepoint-or-onedrive-for-business-7af74ce6-e8a0-48ac-ba3b-a1dd627b7773

sample : <iframe height="500" width="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="[SharingURL]&action=embedview&wdHideSheetTabs=True&wdAllowInteractivity=False&wdHideGridlines=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

Screen shot attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I would like to share with you that this bug is now fixed.

Thank you for reaching out and providing such a detailed information on the issue. It is was super helpful and allowed us fixing the issue quickly.

We will be happy to get more feedback from you in the future.

Thanks,
    Excel Team

16. Excel survey with automatic timestamp on each record

When you get many responses it often is very important to understand WHEN a certain respons was submitted. For exampel if the same respondent has submitted multiple times and you want to sort out the last one of them....
    Add feature that automaically add a timestamp on each record.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Zhongzhong [MSFT]

17. Datestamp in survey

Add an automatic date in front of every row in the sheet of an Survey

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Duplicate Tabs in Excel

It would be great if in Excel you can have the option to Duplicate the tabs instead of having to recopy everything each time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce that it is now possible to Duplicate worksheets in Excel Online.

There are still cases where Excel Online will be unable to duplicate a worksheet. Most notably, in case either one of the following is present in the worksheet:

• Images
    • Shapes
    • Charts

19. make to move copy sheet like excel destop

make program move copy sheet like excel desktop,because diffuclt want copy n paste

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Images
    • Shapes
    • Charts

20. Excel Survey Improvements: Multi-Select for more than 2 items

I need to be able to allow users to select more than 2 options. If you can't allow this can you add a custom checkbox option?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base