Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for the web

Welcome to the web version of Excel's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells

Have a collapse button that hides EVERYTHING except the cells - IE the internet bar, tabs, top of the excel doc, all the options and menus and formula bar - If I'm going to use Excel online rather than Excel proper, it's probably because I just want to read something and maybe add comments. But with all the extras at the top and bottom, the working field is very small, so I NEVER use it, and ALWAYS open in full excel... A collapse button would mitigate this, and still be easy to swtch back if a function was needed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Problem with formats when open excel online workbook.

whenever i change the font family, size, style, Borders, color and total formatting options applying very well and when i close the workbook and open it again all text and document write are save but not formatting.
    it is like "clear all formats" i think this command applies whenever i open excel online no formats shows at written text.

please fix this problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to see formulas and click on cells to see a total

When I am viewing in excel on line if I click in a cell I do not see a formula bar, showing what the formula is in the cell. I often highlight several cells to see a total, however this function doesn't seem to be in excel online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. let excel documents be saved in other formats so can be opened with paint

let excel documents be saved in other formats so can be opened wiyh paint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. excel

please provide the option of header in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to create major versions from within Excel Online (511 minor versions limitation)

There is no option to create a new major version while inside a Excel Online spreadsheet--you have to go out to the document library and publish a major version, then go back in. This is problematic when you are coauthoring a file and you reach the 511 minor versions limit--no one knows what happens next in a coauthoring scenario (does everyone have to get out and go back in?), and there is no documentation about this scenario other than the warning that the last version will simply be overwritten going forward (does everyone get the error message?).

Alternatively, you could…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why can't we pick our own spreadsheet color in excel

Why can't we pick our own spreadsheet color in excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Saving a shared document on Office 365 online.

If a file of a previous version of Office 365 shared document, cannot be opened because it says that it does not support features like Scenario manager, then one should be warned when saving such file, or it should be adjusted to accept such features. Or fix so it can accept the features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Charts More Changeable for Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Excel Online Users.

You should let people type in the range of their chart. For example, if I'm doing a statistics project and I want to know how many desserts people eat in a week, and my range is zero to ten, then Excel usually does it one to eleven. You need to change that so that we Excel users can do our own charts online and not have to do them by hand on boring old paper. You catching my drift, here? Okay, good then.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

When trying to enter a date in a cell (formatted as Cat=Date, Type=14/03/2012), entry is rejected - get Error in Date Range or Entry Format

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

Can you give more specific steps that you’re trying to do – I’m not sure I follow the issue that you’re raising.

Thanks
    Dan [MS]

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We don’t understand the title of your idea, and there’s no description. Can you make the title more clear and add a description?

Thanks,
    Dan [MS]

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros, Scripts and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please add a more descriptive title, as well as a description of what your idea is (if it’s a Feature in Windows/Mac Excel, please describe the feature).

Thanks!
    Dan [MS]

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. excell servays need to have option to show admin the stitics of responses

Can you add a way to show total amount of responses for multiple choice questions to show how many for each and a percentage of total respinses. Also can there be a advanced option added as well to allow multiple choice questions to all users to slect 2 or more answers. Also can there be a way to open and close servay responses as well like how google does it so that there is some control and time stamp all responses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please provide further details on what you are referring to. Are you ask for maps to be supported in Excel Online or some other functionality?

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

20. Could not be getting download excel file from SAP. Always trying to download directly to desktop excel. Which is being unlicensed

Still I could'not find any idea other than coping columns and paste a new spread sheet.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base